OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

GET RID OF FOCUSED MAIL NOW!

Get rid of the focused mail!, just sort by date cause i have to go through extra steps to find mail thats not there cause it didnt meet the criteria of focused, whatever that may be.

332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chiquita shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using outlook.com, and for providing such great actionable feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you don’t like the Focused Inbox, you are able to easily disable it. When you disable it you will get all of your inbox items in a single view.

To do this, do the following:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right,
2) this opens the Quick Settings Pane, from here look for Focused Inbox. Turn it off.

Hope this helps!

190 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not replicate the format used for Microsoft Office / business emails, i do not want to look at a business style of emails on weekends/evenings! Combining the new look with the 'focused' inbox makes it clunky and hard to use. The focused inbox needs a lot of work, why not just improve the spam filters?

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe you should get rid of the Focused mail option. I will decide what is important and what is not. I do not like going to two places for the email in one account. If I want two accounts, I will start one.

• Linda Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the previous format seemed simpler. It was easier to get an overview of all communication.

I am not a fan of the the focused/other categories.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really got to like the Focused inbox, Beta only provides a list of e mails, you have to trawl through the rubbish to find what you need

• Ashley C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pinned emails need their own tab like focused and other. Otherwise you have to scroll down a lot to see your actual emails.

• sylvie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

beta is has too many sections, don't really need the focused and unfocused setting, looks like Algonquin version of outlook, don't need that many changes

• hortonleigh@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My old version of Hotmail has had the Focused/Other inbox for some time. I tired the new beta version. When I went back to the non-beta version the Focused/Other inbox feature has disappeared. I looked under Display Settings and it is not on the list of options, even though the help page says it should be there. I'm now concerned to explore the beta version further in case it is going to cause problems with my email account.

• Shubham Sahu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

show number counts on side of Focused and other if there is new email on it. if other has new email it show little number count on it as show in windows phone live tiles

• Marie-Esther Berkovich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not really easy on the eyes. Already not being able to deactivate focused email vs others (I like them together please).

The new features and big bubbles take up a lot of space in the list of emails.

• Wil Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When moving from one email to another, the line with delete, archive, etc. disappears. I can get it back by moving from Focused to Other and back again. But it continues to disappear.

1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base