OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

GET RID OF FOCUSED MAIL NOW!

Get rid of the focused mail!, just sort by date cause i have to go through extra steps to find mail thats not there cause it didnt meet the criteria of focused, whatever that may be.

332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chiquita shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using outlook.com, and for providing such great actionable feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you don’t like the Focused Inbox, you are able to easily disable it. When you disable it you will get all of your inbox items in a single view.

To do this, do the following:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right,
2) this opens the Quick Settings Pane, from here look for Focused Inbox. Turn it off.

Hope this helps!

191 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The focused inbox is garbage. It makes no sense on what it filters. Why you want it to default to ON or all things utterly eludes me. Every single update I have to turn it off again as Outlook deftly starts hiding the emails I want to see in favor of junk mail. FOCUS!

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah that idea works great and all, unless your at a MSP and have outlook installed on unmanaged devices and have users calling asking why they can't use their email. Get rid of focused, or turn it off by default!

• Diana LaRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone's so giddy to push their latest AI-based offering no matter how flawed it is.
    Focused Inbox is a perfect example.

• ktate86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new look does nothing but add confusion. Also, please, please, get rid of the focused/other split of the inbox. It does not work.

• cdwb1993@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The focused inbox is awful, and it has caused me to miss emails because they get spread out between focused and other. It should not be a default setting!!!

• John Marchant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me FOCUS on what I want to see, and you focus on developing a good email service. I thought making use of all available real-estate in a UI is a primary goal - displaying an extra 'sort by' menu just below the search box leaves a waste of space to the left.... I could have actually seen more emails there!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of of focused and other in the inbox. I really haven't the faintest clue why anyone would want to see just some of their inbox

• iann winkworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

your latest outlook e mail incarnation is utterly useless. its unusable on older macs. the page jumps around everywhere. As you scroll down the emails it jumps back to the top. Focused and other, whats the point. Makes it more complex. Not a smooth use,

• Joe Martella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Click the gear icon in the header (top right).
    2. Click the "Focused Inbox" toggle off.

• htlogic@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Focused / Other filter is annoying. I'm not sure how it's filtering and I'd like the option to disable it completely.

• iamthekels@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have done everything to absolutely ruin this email provider. It is not user friendly. It glitches all the time and it is absolutely and utterly atrocious. I delete emails, the next day they are back in my inbox. The focused and other is a complete pain in the... I hit other and it keeps flipping back to the focused. I am done with this terrible program and am going with a different email provider.

• guitarkrab@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a "focused" / "other" button that shows different emails. I want to have all my emails on the same view.
    Adverts show up as a new email, that is just a terrible idea. Remove that **** out of my inbox please.

• jjb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add on/off toggling (via right-click or on our Settings page) to outlook's user-focused auto-popup features. Some user-focused features would include email composition formatting tools and contact lists. Specific features most needing on/off toggling capabilities, in my view, are your popup formatting toolbar and clipboard, and (as it currently operates in your latest edition) your auto-displayed contact list. Both interfere with our work, and, again in my opinion, both contribute to outlook's unfortunate bloatware tendencies.

Thanks.

--jjb

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base