OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Display Modes for Density or Compact

isn't it possible to have more compact view? menus are taking lots of space in screen and way too annoying.

5,842 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

fprstn@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I again thank each and everyone of you for using Outlook.com and for providing all of your feedback. I wanted to let you know that as of today we have enabled Density settings. There are three modes which control how tight and how much information is shown on the screen.

To change the density settings click on the gear in the top right (settings). In the pane that opened you should see three setting Full, Medium and Compact.

Hope this helps address some of the concerns around white space :)

Thanks again,

David Los

1482 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • carsonralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate ... repeat .... hate the new layout.
    Confusing, A Gmail wantabe.
    You can not delete a screenful of emails at a time, its either all, or do it one at a time.

Give us the option back to choose.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Previous make the previous version available. I am not a fan of this change.

Why can't we keep the old layout. I hate this layout. I'm missing email because of this new format. It is not easy on the eyes. Why can't be have an option instead of forced into something nobody wants.

• sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate the new setting. Trouble sending letters. Will reload deleted junk after I delete twice. HATE HATE HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Colleen Bunting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The page format is kindergarten style. I spend too much time on this slow format and hate the fact you changed it without consult.

The new UI is very slow to load at times and has issues while loading emails and attachments,
    i have tried it on different browsers, different computers, all on high speed internet, but the performance is still choppy.

• Nair Vitielli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really this new layout is not working. Too confusing. I cannot even find the spam mails. And you have to consider older peple get used to a more simple procedures, appearance and functions. Those new made for young people are a disaster for us. You should keep both formats and give people the right to chose which to use.

• Nair Vitielli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

o novo layout é ruim de aparencia e de utilização. Por exemplo nao acho a pasta de spam. Tudo é muito confuso. pessoas mais velhas como eu tem um habito e não gostam de mudanças radicais para jovens.

• bjthorup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why change something that worked the new layout is really bad and i miss so much the old one and consider changing strongly to another provider as this has become too difficult

• sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't stand when something is unilaterally implemented against my wishes or without my consultation...why change what was working ?
    I hate this new 'slow' and noncompelling look within my inbox? why do you continually do this miscrosoft?

I don't need your help with my day to day affairs within time and office management. if I did-I would have asked for the changes

I can't even email my wife now ? for some reason her contact info is missing ? I can't seem to search for past emails ? wtf

your making me less efficient- not more... are you intentionally driving me away from the platform?

can anyone help me? I want to go back to what I had just 2 days ago!!!!!!! this new platform is not what I want and seem to be stuck in it ?

• tealirish@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I complained with the last (unwanted) "update" that I couldn't check & delete ONLY a screen's worth of junk mail at a time like before. If you click at the top of the list, it is again selecting ALL the emails, if you have 50, or 200, or 700! This is NOT user friendly! I like to skim through the page for email that shouldn't be in the junk folder. And yes, the added spacing is wasteful for how many emails can be seen per view page. And I don't know how to post this comment - asks for my password but i can't type it in , in the box! Cripes!

• Carol Presley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.....give us a choice. I like the old, less confusing layout much better....PLEASE!!

• rajaram60 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using hot mail from beginning.The new presentation is terrible to use.Please revert back to old or give option.Some mails are opening in new page popping out.Please do something at the earliest since hot-mail being first one I am finding very difficult
    RAJARAM

how do i change my email to the old view setting. I have epilepsy & the new design is really making me feel off.

• Erin Joslin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is too much space for each line. Having some pinned items, I no longer can even see the most current email on the screen. The spacing on the old layout was superior.

Please go back to the old format. It worked really well and now my inbox keeps scrolling to the top top.

I can't read emails that are older than a day or so old!

• bfcpaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like that I have to individually enter addresses to block.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base