Keep the old look

4,758 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! The colorful circles are what we call Sender Images. If you have a photo for that contact, it will be displayed when you have an email from them. When you don’t have a photo the circles are filled in with color and the initials of the sender.

Now I totally understand that you don’t like them! I know not everyone enjoys every feature we introduce, however we do offer flexibility by disabling them if you don’t like them.

To turn these off do the following:
1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.

Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

1129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just is not an idea this is feedback.

I don't like everything in vertical panels.
    I don't like that I can't open my email into their own individual window
    I don't like that you merge all the emails from one person
    I don't like that I can't see the subject of the email when you merge them.
    I don't like that I can't see the chain of the email unless I click on some 3 dots.

horrible, don't change current version. At beta version information is overcrowded I can´t see correctly what I´m looking for. Desing is ugly

• Graciella Navarros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, i guess the version Beta is very confusing, and it put things we are not accustomed to using. Have a lot of information, a lot of windows in a same place, and this confuse the user,

• Clinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new panels are too much like the traditional outlook, and they lack the flow and smoothness that I am used to with Hotmail. I do like the new search features. Please do not change the look, if I wanted to use Outlook for layout and functions I would not be using this service. Hotmail has always being simple, easy and made my life very easy. The outlook view does not do that.

If you change it I may migrate over to gmail, and I hate gmail, but it has a similar flow that Hotmail does. You have the best mail service around, please do not ***** with it.

I want my computer returned to the former Outlook format IMMEDIATELY> I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS FORMAT CHANGE . In the future DO NOT change anything on my computer without my specific request

• Gustavo Vinagre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don´t like the BETA Version at all...I prefer Hotmail instead of Gmail because of its classic format. Easy to follow...

If you want to try make the right window smaller...

It should fit more e-mails in the left window as a list (as the actual version).

The colored icons are distracting, pointless and look like they're geared towards children. Please remove these and keep the inbox streamlined and easy to read like it was before.

The colored icons are distracting, pointless and look like they're geared towards children. Please remove these and keep the inbox streamlined and easy to read like it was before.

1 2 53 54 55 57 Next →

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base