Keep the old look

4,758 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! The colorful circles are what we call Sender Images. If you have a photo for that contact, it will be displayed when you have an email from them. When you don’t have a photo the circles are filled in with color and the initials of the sender.

Now I totally understand that you don’t like them! I know not everyone enjoys every feature we introduce, however we do offer flexibility by disabling them if you don’t like them.

To turn these off do the following:
1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.

Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

1129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • davatella@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Outlook screen has been changed without warning. Why? I was quite satisfied with what went before. Can I have it back please. This arrogant assumption that you are supplying something better does you no good. I'd prefer to revert. Can I do so?

David Adamson

• Charles Yeomans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beta Calendar is absolutely useless. Who really makes these decisions, they are obviously not real world people using the system many times a day.
    Just please do not make it a replacement for the current system, or make it so you can edit full information about an event and link it properly to Outlook for the PC

• luke_desmond84@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook beta is complete garbage.
    - The coloured blocks for each entry have been replaced with just coloured text, which visually is less clean and easy to read.
    - When I create a new entry I can only add reminders that go back one day or less. Before the beta I could add reminders that went back 2 days, 1 week and 2 weeks. Why on earth was such a useful feature removed?

• asynchronousman@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Leave the LIST the same, just get all the long-running scripts out of here, the Windows Update didn't do as much to fix that as it SHOULD have...

• j.n.hooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the new Outlook.com beta.Only thing I hate are the coloured circles with initials in them on the left of the senders name in Inbox....so dustracting...plus seems to make each line too tall in comparison to the old outlook so there's less emails per page

• janfettis@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new email format and will discontinue using your product, you already changed it within the last SHORT period of time

• rwsantafe@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE the "beta" changes!!!!

I cannot even figure out how to reply to an email I've found via a search!!!!

Why isn't there a clearly visible "reply" function????

• karen.usa@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forget the so called "new" it is a mess: more complicated and a waste of whomever was paid...and whomever has to utilize it! NO THANK YOU

• s_heneker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Beta - Usually changes are for a good reason: cost cutting, improved service/performance, etc, but this just looks a confusing mess. Maybe those who designed it think it's great, but as a user I think it's pretty awful - sorry, but that's my reaction.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want the new hotmail. I hit the try it button and want my original one back that I have had forever

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GET RID OF THE THE BIG GIANT CIRCLES ON THE HEADER! Complete waste of space and distracting. You're trying to make it like its a contact. I get 50 sales emails a day, i dont need a big giant 'DG' for dicks sporting goods on the left.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base