Keep the old look

4,758 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! The colorful circles are what we call Sender Images. If you have a photo for that contact, it will be displayed when you have an email from them. When you don’t have a photo the circles are filled in with color and the initials of the sender.

Now I totally understand that you don’t like them! I know not everyone enjoys every feature we introduce, however we do offer flexibility by disabling them if you don’t like them.

To turn these off do the following:
1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.

Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

1129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go back to the old version and maybe even the version before that too. I want an email that is fast and easy to use and can do the job. I don't need all the other stuff. I like skype to be separated again. Onedrive is some way usefull. What is the point of change something we all like from before ?

• rockartgeorges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree totally with what this subscriber wrote. The new outlook version , so called improved, does suck. I fail to see why outlook changed something that was working perfectly well.

• rockartgeorges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree totally with this subscriber. The new outlookm version does suck. I fail to see why outlook changed something that was working perfectly well.

• johnSJT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not see the reason for the changes except to keep a programmer employed. I almost lost one big bunch of saved mail but it somehow reappeared. Very disappointing. Nice for the eye but not my brain. Go back!

• colleen_wa@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "improved" version totally BITES! OMG it's pretty much useless. From not being able to open mail (or delete without opening) because the screen is jerking around so much you can't land the darn cursor on anything. It's like a sick game to see if you can click something, and you end up losing. Put it back the way it was!!!! And contacting Hotmail for help was, well, NO HELP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

two of my folders did not show up and instead there were two other folders that i did not create (Conversation History and Unwanted!!!!!). how can i bring back the two folders I created??????

• Karin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see my emails the old way, without separation between one day to the next, without all those circles left with each emails, it is totally confusing, leave it clean cut ..

I don't understand which "users" actually suggested a revision like this! I thought a software package was always "user-friendly" and not "user-antagonistic" like this one seems to be.

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can no longer move my mail between folders as I would like. An email in "Drafts" cannot be moved at all.
    This new version sucks!!!
    Junk mail has increased by a factor of three! Email I used to receive in my Inbox now goes to junk. Junk that used to be filtered out now goes into my Inbox.
    Bring back the old version that worked!!!

• bhogya@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For everyone that wants to use classic version,
    I did received a response from the team to temporarily revert back to the classic version. I copied and pasted directions:

Please refer to the steps below - it works. I am using classic again.
    1. Please sign in to https://account.live.com
    2. Go to https://www.msn.com/.
    3. Hover your mouse over the Outlook.com icon.
    4. It should show you three emails that is in your Inbox — choose any of those and it should open a new window to the classic version of Outlook.com.

(Please take note that: this is just a temporary link and it will revert to the new version if the page is refreshed. I suggest you to save the link as your favorite so you don’t have to go over, with the link again)

• shades53 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Plus, when you want to delete emails, you have to click on each separate email, even though you know you do not wish to read it, instead of being able to delete the block of emails you don't wish to read.

You have tried to fix something that was NOT broken.
    You have failed miserably.
    If you don't revert back to the pre beta soon, after years of using Outlook I'm gone.
    I'm already reviewing my alternatives!!!
    And forcing the new version on top of the Holidays for we users that have an Internet business requiring email communication was
    unbelievably inconsiderate.

• Denise Itsme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looked for an old email i kept for reference and can i find it no .. so stupid and thoughtless of the changes you have made , it now more then SUCKS .. its uncalled for .. how many more people do you want to get annoyed by not going back to the better version .. as this BETA is **** .. !!

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base