Keep the old look

4,758 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! The colorful circles are what we call Sender Images. If you have a photo for that contact, it will be displayed when you have an email from them. When you don’t have a photo the circles are filled in with color and the initials of the sender.

Now I totally understand that you don’t like them! I know not everyone enjoys every feature we introduce, however we do offer flexibility by disabling them if you don’t like them.

To turn these off do the following:
1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.

Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

1129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Philip Bovia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the old version. That' why i changed to hotmail years ago. I may change again if this version remains. At least give us the choice of the old or the new. Thanks Listen to the users

• sacnum@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give me back my old outlook, I can't forward anything, the body of the email disappears. Each time I want to send an email I have to change to HTML, why and who's idea was this? It's crazy. Didn't you try this out first? This is my main email, I'm seriously thinking of changing to Gmail. Nobody will listen, I even tried calling, chatting, nobody is listening. This new outlook is terrible, I hate it! Please give me back my old email, or I will have to change, I rarely use office but I know Gmail has free office. Please fix all of the problems, this has been going on for weeks now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cette nouvelle version d'Outlook email SUCKS. Je veux revenir à l'ancienne version.j ai perdu mes messagerie

• Marie Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% the new email sucks, why can't you people leave well alone. Why change what works. Have you given any thought to the elderly who get used to one idea then are confused all over again.. I am 87 and fortunate to have a tech minded person to help me out with any problems, not so for many elderly who rely on their email to keep in touch with friends. LEAVE OFF TRYING TO BE CLEVER, IT DOSEN'T IMPRESS US AT ALL.

• patlpv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tarda mucho en cargar no es una version buena ni rapida, y tiene cosas innecesarias

• mddaniel98 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree, it sucks! I still can't scroll down to any messages. keeps jumping back to the top before you can click. I've had my hotmail account for over 20 years -- and yes, I'm considering leaving too. MANAGERS? Chimps, more like it this is dumber than 'CITY SCAPES' in the late '90's. pull your heads out....

New look VERY confusing. Too many colours. Go back to the old version. Always changing things and generally for the worst. These
    people "in authority" seem to just do what they like in altering
    formats, etc. and answerable to no one.

• Marvin Feldner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the old version back!!! This new Version i HATE!! Stop making changes we don't want, i never wanted to change from the old version, it was just changed. and no way for me to choose to go back to what i liked to use..

• themousekin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I much preferred the old version...I take great umbrage at the new version...for all of the reasons you have been advised of. Please change it back.

Why don't you brain dead bastards face the fact that you screwed the pooch on this one. At least the CocaCola folks were smart enough to back track and give the folks what they wanted! This **** sucks to the max!

• nolden7@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another totally (TOTALLY!) unnecessary change was the addition of the question about the legitimacy of suspected emails. Previously you could just mark them as "junk", "phishing scam" or whatever with just a check mark, while now the stupid idea takes you to a second screen for your answer and then to a third screen to "thank you"
    A truly ******** "improvement". Besides the fact that whatever you mark them, they will keep appearing again and again.
    Bravo Microsoft !!

• Patti Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate it! You try to retrieve new posts, and it bounces back and forth from one thing to the next.

• melcochran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE this new version, slow, hate the dots, slow, wont keep the settings on how I want to view my emails, did I mention slow!!! I am changing all of these emails to a yahoo account

• Rita C. Levn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know things take time getting used to new versions, but I did like the older version much better. Other friends that also have Outlook(hotmail) feel the same. Please go back to the other version. I mean this in a good way.
    Thank you.

• FRED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE NOT LISTEN TO US. YOU REALLY MESSED UP SO FIX IT LIKE WE RECOMMEND. PERHAPS THE USERS SHOULD TAKE OVER AND OPERATE THIS SYSTEM.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base