Keep the old look

4,760 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! The colorful circles are what we call Sender Images. If you have a photo for that contact, it will be displayed when you have an email from them. When you don’t have a photo the circles are filled in with color and the initials of the sender.

Now I totally understand that you don’t like them! I know not everyone enjoys every feature we introduce, however we do offer flexibility by disabling them if you don’t like them.

To turn these off do the following:
1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.

Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

1132 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to mention, when you are selecting emails in mass, if you accidentally click out side the sender image even by a little, it deselects everything

• mike m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook balloons with take up space and are the color sare annoying. I do not need a balloon with letters in it to show me the first letter of a contact's name.

• Marcie MacGoldrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea that I am not allowed to BLOCK junk mail - only "delete all" is really an infringement on my privacy. And the idea that I have to type a draft, release it only over to draft and then have to release it AGAIN only to be told "Can't be released now, try again later" is REALLY obnoxious! I will most likely not be renewing in Feb.

Specific comment: Please bring back the feature that allowed me to look at an old email in my inbox and to see at the top: You replied to this email on (date).
    Why would you take something so simple an helpful away?

• Waye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The person is right. WHY mess with a program if it works great.

• Spike Spike_536 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the old Outlook. This updated version is a total disaster in my opinion. When I reply or click on compose it doesn't open a separate window. When I reply or send a new message, I have people show up to select to send the message to that aren't in the contact list that I personally established. When a contact changes a email address and I update it, the old one still comes up when it try to send that contact a email I could care less when I received a email, don't need a separator telling me what I day received I received it. The date and time are posted on the right. The new look in Hotmail really stinks also. This new outlook is slow to load stuff.

We post our dislikes ..and it is a waste of time...the new Beta is a sorry piece of ****. No one even looks at these comments it is a waste of time trying to post a complaint. Everyone needs to switch to another e-mail program.

Please bring back the old version. This is not working!I It's been a while you guys just switched me to this without my consent. Still freezes, reading email out of the blue page starts reloading and I see the blue envelope. This is really ridiculous!

Absolutely agree and now as 2918 closes we get an even worse version. Give customers and users an option to use a stable version that did everything we wanted.

Apparently my comment was merged with this one. I don't want to be merged with comments that assume foul language, even if it is asterisked out. For that matter I'm not sure what the writer is talking about from ..."& I want .... "to "...small to read,"

• mcardullo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With this new way, I cannot read the whole message. I actually pay for my hotmail/outlook use and to force this on me/us is wrong. I am thinking seriously of stopping it. I want to be able to read the whole message and adjust the columns or eliminate them the way I want.
    Change it back or give us the option to do so!

don't like, does not allow me to group emails, or it it does ,,,, its a secret between geeks and techs . . .

THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT< AND PLEASE LET US GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY.!! THis DOES SUCK. ALSO: I USED TO BE ABLE TO LOOK AT OLD EMAILS IN MY INBOX & IT WD SAY: YOU REPLIED TO THIS ON..May 9th--or whatever. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT?? IT WAS A GOOD FEATURE

• deb ebrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree ! if it wasn't so much hassle i would ditch Outlook and go to another provider ...... just change it back !

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base