or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! The colorful circles are what we call Sender Images. If you have a photo for that contact, it will be displayed when you have an email from them. When you don’t have a photo the circles are filled in with color and the initials of the sender.

Now I totally understand that you don’t like them! I know not everyone enjoys every feature we introduce, however we do offer flexibility by disabling them if you don’t like them.

To turn these off do the following:
    1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
    2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
    3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.

Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

David Los

1117 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE the little colored dots on my mail.... Please take them off.... PLEASE!!!

I HATE the little colored dots on my mail.... Please take them off.... PLEASE!!!

This is ridiculous...!!! With all these people complaining, can you not see that this new garbage that you forced on everyone isn't working??? Email should be pretty simple, like it was before you changed it. I have to click and click and click just to send something. I have just done this, and it still isn't sending. What use is this ****???? PLEASE, either make it work, or switch us back to the version that actually worked, or a switch is inevitable.... Thank You....

• why this commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

****-IT

you merged why the remedial kindergarten look ?

- what's up with -

the worthless lines taking up valuable screen ?

Into this nonsense. A child could find this gibberish. What a farce in addressing genuine legitimate concern. SHAME on you.

• aa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of trying to get new ideas in making changes here and there the the new outlook to satisfy people just stop it. Just implement the option to have the classic outlook or the new outlook - our choice and WALA everyone satisfied!

• KN Dent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to change the font color. Is there a way to do this? Light blue/grey/red are very difficult to read, especially for someone with any form of color blindness. Please advise how I can change this. Thank you.

• dar 357 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I MISSED a Dentist's Appt. on Dec. 26th because the page was too slow to load. I got charged $100 for the Appt. that I missed. Thank you Outlook Team. It takes me 20 min. to get back barely 3 weeks ago. Your Mgr's. should be fired.

• starina27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new version is so terrible! The fact you can't block like before and also can't move emails in mass like before is frustrating and time consuming!

Do you not Beta test any of these changes in the lab?
        Do you not stress test this with users?

I ask because every update is worse than the last, tanking performance, making the interface worse, if this is a long term ploy to drive users to anything but Microsoft it's working.

Every update gets worse and worse...
        Are you guys not Beta testing in a lab and stress testing with users?

Tried the requested change noted above. However, this did not work for me. Still like the old way.

• James North commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have found NOTHING that improves my E-Mail system. For months you ask me to try the beta addition, so I did and then I changed it back and TOLD you it was no good. But like so many computer geeks you went ahead and forced it on everyone if they liked it or not. and as I look you have almost 5,000 people telling you it is no good. Why do you not listen to the people that are using the system????? I have been using this e mail address since 1996 and you have destroyed so many good systems for some reason that no one but you people understand???????????

• Carole Lynn Steiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Outlook is so devastatingly horrible that you will cause me and others who run businesses 7 days a week to commit suicide! TAKE NOTE: I CANNOT SCROLL BACKWARD IN THE INBOX, SENT ITEMS, OR ANY FOLDER. THE MINUTE THAT I SCROLL BACKWARD TO FORMER DATES OR EARLIER EMAILS (than the current 12 lines that show on the current screen) your rotten Outlook JUMPS right back to the current time. Do you know the trouble you are causing me and everyone else???!!! I am going crazy since you launched this disaster. SECONDLY: When I go to forward an old email, the screen hops and jumps while I am trying to change certain words before forwarding. The only way I can stop the jumping is to use the up/down arrows and then click hard when I get to the lines I need to change. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TIME IS WASTED?? THIRD: the BIG question is WHY DO THESE THINGS HAPPEN?! WHY DOES NEW OUTLOOK NOT (DO YOU UNDERSTAND "NOT"?) WORK? You launched a failure. Will anyone answer me? Call me (718 631-0457)? WILL ANYONE EVEN READ THIS???!!! FINALLY: There is no one with whom to communicate. No one answers with a SOLUTION. I run an international business: NO ONE CAN RUN A BUSINESS WITHOUT PROVIDING SOLUTIONS. Several people spoke to me about going to the biggest class action lawsuit firm in the country and suing Microsoft. It could be the biggest CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT EVER.

• Noel Elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like Beta. I guess I will have to move to Gmail. Why did you change to beta. My old email was just fine.

• the pettrys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind the circles but I sure would like to find my folders and have them show up in a line alphabetically when I click the Folders button - Should I presume Outlook lost my Folders, but when I am going to move something in a Folder they show up - I just can't get the Folders list to show so I can manage, delete, work with, etc. I've read the stuff to find them and still no show. Yeah, I can live with the circles.

• John Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PER DAVID LOS (PRODUCT MANAGER) THIS PROJECT IS "COMPLETED" WHAT A JOKE!

THE SUPPOSED "SOLUTION" DID NOT RESPOND TO THE ISSUE.

THE SUGGESTED GEAR/QUICK SETTINGS/SENDER PHOTOS ROUTE

DOES NOT YET REMOVE THE COLORED CIRCLES FROM THE "CONTACTS LIST" ie "PEOPLE".

STOP TINKERING WITH MAIL PROGRAM AND "KEEP THINGS SIMPLE STUPID!"

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56

New experiences in Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base