OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Keep Notes Section In Calendar Event

When making a calendar event in the current Outlook.com there is a section to add notes. This is missing in the Beta Calendar. Notes are visible in the Beta from entries made in the current Outlook.com Calendar but you are unable to edit them. I use the notes section to remind me of details about calendar events. The loss of this option would force me to use a different Calendar app/service.

763 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CS shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

319 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Driscoll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completed · Outlook Calendar Team (Admin, Outlook.com) responded

Thank you for your feedback! The deployment for notes in a calendar event in the Outlook.com beta is now complete. If you refresh, you should be able to see the experience.

"SHOULD" but "DOESN'T"

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can attendees of the meeting via the calendar edit the notes section? Allowing communication between the attendees. Possibly having a different font or font color for the unique individual?

• Dan Donihue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have a box to write notes in the Beta version of the Outlook Calendar.

• Chin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Function to add same event/task into multiple calendar days through pull and drag to select multiple days in calendar

• Fritz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can you role this Beta out without this feature? This is pretty much key to the success of most people day to day in order to remind them what the meeting is about and the actions they need to take. Wow, just seeing that this Beta has not had this feature since January.

• JA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to add new notes that sync to the Outlook desktop app. Also allow users to edit existing notes created in the Outlook desktop app. Currently all we can do is view.

• hkormann@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to stop using Google calendar, but, neither Outlook nor Yahoo allows for notes to be added to a calendar event. In Google, I can add a task, along with a description in the notes right into the calendar. I'm wondering if this is merely a patent issue or if the Microsoft staff just had not given this any thought. I was really hoping to be able to get away from Google. Your response to my comment would be welcomed.

I would like to stop using Google calendar, but, neither Outlook nor Yahoo allows for notes to be added to a calendar event. In Google, I can add a task, along with a description in the notes right into the calendar. I'm wondering if this is merely a patent issue or if the Microsoft staff just had not given this any thought. I was really hoping to be able to get away from Google. Your response to my comment would be welcomed.

I would like to stop using Google calendar, but, neither Outlook nor Yahoo allows for notes to be added to a calendar event. In Google, I can add a task, along with a description in the notes right into the calendar. I'm wondering if this is merely a patent issue or if the Microsoft staff just had not given this any thought. I was really hoping to be able to get away from Google. Your response to my comment would be welcomed. My email is hkormann@outlook.com

• Ryan Kirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am at a loss to why when you create an event there is no Notes field. I use O365 in a business environment as well and the beta of the calendar event includes the Note field. Why the difference?

• doug hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I add notes to the "body" of a calendar task??
    I don't see any way to do that.

• maggieai@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Calendar events have no place to enter notes and details?!!!! Please restore the description note function, please!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

The new Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base