OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Inbox Rules need to allow for all kinds of triggers and actions

Example: Mail rules currently cannot forward mail.

I need to be able to do more than move to a folder.

3,733 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thante Luedeesunut shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOWA 3S Query Feedback (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! We’re glad to inform that we’ve released an update for inbox rules that allow for all sorts of combinations in settings.

To create an advanced rule, either:
1) Right-click on an email
2) Click “Create rule”
3) Click “More options”
4) Create away!

OR

1) Click the settings gear icon in the top right
2) Click “View full settings”
3) Click “Rules”
4) Click “Add new rule”
5) Create away!

304 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fmrees@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have users who need to be able to forward work related (sharepoint for example) messages to their work email addresses without having to forward them all

• andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed the older version of the system allowed me to set who was safe and who was junk and then set rules to relocate emails to designated folders to be more organised, this beta does not do this at all so am sticking with old system.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed, if i cant forward an email from the sent items folder this will be useless

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't know where to post this but am disgusted and tired of the junk that has been appearing in my Inbox.

• Amey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this remark. Coz, earlier in outlook, we used to add multiple actions in the same rule which isnt possible in Beta. so I came back to old version.

• carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this setup very confusing. I should have a choice about having this or last setup.

I want ALL email in my inbox. I want to be the one to determine if the sender is bad or not - NOT some AI that is putting 20% of my good email in spam and then deleting before I get to read it.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I'm going to have to turn off the beta again because I can't edit the rules.

• hortonleigh@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rules only seem to work on the inbox. It would be useful to be able to set rules on the Junk Mail folder to deal with phishing. I've been flooded with phishing emails including text attachments. I forward them to Action Fraud, then delete them. At the moment I have to do each manually. On a bad day I've been getting up to 20 in an hour, so this is an enormous task and it's difficult to spot emails in my Junk folder that are not junk, with that sort of volume. Any extra tools to fight the spammers would help me an presumably Microsoft and others too. Thank you.

Need to be able to forward an email or to replay all. Could not figure out how to do that.

Needs better instructions -- too much guessing about what to do next.
    return to simplicity.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base