OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Missing sender email address on hover and in reading pane

In the current outlook.com I am able to see the email address of the sender immediately. This is useful in the junk folder so I can see if the email could be legitimate.

This was not possible in the beta without looking at the source which is time consuming.

4,560 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

185 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Frank B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless you allow revealing junk mail addresses by hovering over them, as in the last version of Outlook, this is a step backwards! I purposely don't open certain emails on my smartphone, as I wait to get to the laptop to see if the senders are legit. Too many phonies and crooks out there!!!

• Kendra Olexa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like the menu that pops up when you hover over the sender's name has been removed. The menu showed the email address of the sender, among other things. I used this feature all the time. Not only for the menu items (send email, find email, etc) but if I was unsure of an email, I could see the address of the sender without opening it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hovering over sender is no longer working making you click on a potentially vulnerable message and loading content.

• Peter Stowell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much more difficult to block senders. These may be my final days with Outlook and current msn email address. What should be possible with one click is now baffling. Why is Microsoft aiding and abetting junk email senders? Truly a giant step backward with blinders on. Spammers get smarter and Microsoft looks the other way. So disappointing.

1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base