OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Enable sorting by sender, dates, subject, etc. in the filter dropdown

The filter tab in the earlier version allowed to sort by sender / subject etc. Please enable that

4,852 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mohit Sampat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

December 2017: Thanks for your patience and continued use of the Outlook.com beta! We roll out new improvements every week, and are elated to announce that a recent update opened up this feature to you! You now can sort your message list by Receive Time (default), Sender Name, and Message Size.

We will continue to make other improvements to the Outlook.com beta experience; thanks for your support!

283 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • EULISES MELO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for your sugestion but the search feature covers all that eventhou a filtering option is always nice to isolate the list.

• Ivorie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with needing more filtering options (i.e. From/ Sender, Subject, etc...). When i get a mass amount of emails, the process to delete them in clusters are a pain. I can perform the select one email and hold down SHIFT and select option, but if I skip an email that I need and then try to select the following email. The section process starts over. Hopefully, this makes sense.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a must have. Can't believe this isn't a feature already

• hakonteigland@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are very clever to make everything in the data-world. But her in hotmail I perhaps liked better to have smaller letters.

• M-P B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please hurry with this fix. It takes two to three times the time length to go thru and sort/delete messages. Previous version was so very helpful.

• Umberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want them as table headings like in the times that the service was Hotmail...

• baylor1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a must have to keep things cleaned up and I think you want me to do that!

• Emma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yay! Thank you for getting this into action soon as this is a must have! haha

• Oahu Fire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't seem to be able to sort my inbox from newest to oldest, it just listed emails in a random order.

Unable to filter by sender. This is a huge negative for me.

This. So, so this. Am switching back to the previous version from the beta just so I can sort my e-mails. As an FYI, the app version of Outlook uses the beta interface, so I can't figure out how to sort my emails on the app, either. Please include a fix for the app!

This is a must! Otherwise I would prefer a different email provider.

Totally supporting this. I like/need sorting by sender so I can eliminate/save old mails

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base