OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Enable sorting by sender, dates, subject, etc. in the filter dropdown

The filter tab in the earlier version allowed to sort by sender / subject etc. Please enable that

4,852 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mohit Sampat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

December 2017: Thanks for your patience and continued use of the Outlook.com beta! We roll out new improvements every week, and are elated to announce that a recent update opened up this feature to you! You now can sort your message list by Receive Time (default), Sender Name, and Message Size.

We will continue to make other improvements to the Outlook.com beta experience; thanks for your support!

282 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2) In basic version, the button "filter" on the top can be used to filter certain types of emails from certain senders, e.g. social updates. But it does not work in the beta.

• Nicolas Duclos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I have a lot of email and unread email in my inbox currently. I would like an option to clean all the inbox by subject. I'm sure it could be possible to make something like that.

It could see if the emails are related by checking SUBJECT and SENDER and only keep the most recent email.

I'm thinking about email notification from some forums where you get a lot of the same stuffs over and over.

thank you

1 2 11 12 13 15 Next →

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base