OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Enable sorting by sender, dates, subject, etc. in the filter dropdown

The filter tab in the earlier version allowed to sort by sender / subject etc. Please enable that

4,852 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mohit Sampat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

December 2017: Thanks for your patience and continued use of the Outlook.com beta! We roll out new improvements every week, and are elated to announce that a recent update opened up this feature to you! You now can sort your message list by Receive Time (default), Sender Name, and Message Size.

We will continue to make other improvements to the Outlook.com beta experience; thanks for your support!

283 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The prior version allows the user to filter (sort) messages in a folder by 'from', 'to', 'subject', etc. This is invaluable functionality!
    The beta replaces this invaluable functionality with a filter on 'all', 'unread', 'to me', 'flagged'. These may be useful filters, but they pale in comparison to the current sorting capability. Please address!

• Jennifer Connelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorting is a very important part of managing my inbox. I'm switching back to the old version until this is fixed.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filter list has now been minimised so much unable to sort by subject or date

• aesga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is a disaster to loose the option for order mails by sender, date, ....

• Mohamed Makki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will stick with the old version until you have released the update. Contact me then. Should this not be taken as standard by the designers of the new look? And have they not heard of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if you could filter by name or sender inside every folder you could create in the beta view

• Fred Gowin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss the sorting. It makes it easier to move multiple emails from a sender. (but then there aren't any RULES available to automate the process anyway...)

• Kuraiko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here to say the same thing. I honestly don't get why they'd remove such a basic and essential feature.

• Curt Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do most of my email by sender. I need this function in order to make my work easier. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to sort is really helpful as it helps to go through the e-mails faster.

• Tenice Kendrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where did the sort by FROM go. I could quickly delete multiple unwanted emails with the sort FROM feature

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base