OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,218 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

234 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andreea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I think it would be great if it could be an option that could be turned on/off. The buckets take space, and as you have the vertical reading pane, that takes space also, you could end up (if you receive lots of email and keep "to-do" ones in the inbox, as I do) losing sight of the past emails until too late. On the other hand, it is useful to see you haven't answer/addressed an email in over a month (where the buckets came in handy).

• Wendy Clifton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree there is way to much all at once and it is frustrating! I like sorting my emails by sender helps me check my inbox a lot quicker and it groups those email together so I'm not checking email all day long.

• Kerin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option of alphabetizing the e-mails or organizing by sender

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like having the emails grouped by date. It makes it easier for me to find them. Can this be an option you turn on or off?

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with the main comment. If there's a date stamp on every e-mail, then the day/week/month units are redundant. They take up too much screen space.

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to choose whether or not to group message i.e. today, yesterday, etc.

I prefer to view all messages simply in order of time/date received.

• CHARLES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lost the ability to sort email by sender. I like that you could group emails by senders.

• David H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the "yesterday"/"this month" indicators are annoying in the message list

• Communications HM-Links commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate it. Very annoying and time consuming for the customer. Don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually like the "buckets" so an on/off option would be good for those who don't share my view

• Sbonelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually like the buckets. They keep my mail organised and not in a long endless list. Having the option to turn it on and Off is a good idea tho!!

• S. Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like having them classified by date, but I really endorse the option to turn that off.....one shouldn't have to have it if they don't want it

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base