OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,218 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

234 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't group conversations by subject. Give us an option to turn that feature on/off

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grouping like this is confusing and just another unnecessary step in my opinion. I prefer to see individual e-mail responses with the tick to show whether I have replied to that e-mail - keep it simple. At least provide an option for those who like their e-mails grouped conversation-style like G-mail. Being able to search for e-mails like Outlook desktop would be great if that is what has been implemented in the beta (I haven't checked this feature as I have disabled beta).

• Nika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly. This was the main reason why I turned off the Beta, along with the obnoxious colorful circles that show up in various colors to the left of each sender. My Inbox should look clean. Not like a carnival.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grouping by date was a bad idea from Yahoo mail, and now you are doing the same. Please dont make same error as them and allow us to chose if we want to use this feature or prefer to turn it off.
    Thanks!

• ashea777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change it back, it's awful. I can only see one email at a time now like others and I can't change it back. I don't only want one email at a time, I want to see them all.

• ashea777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change it back, it's awful. I can only see one email at a time now like others and I can't change it back. I don't only want one email at a time, I want to see them all.

• John Tait commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dreadful, muddled, confusing - Latest one at top, different print when it is read. Is that difficult?

Or to put it another way, please please please stop changing what ain't broken - it is bad enough keeping up with systems as it is without having to relearn something that you never had to think about.

• Marilyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

change it back, change the whole thing back! Please change me back I can only see one item at a time, it is a nightmare, please change me back!

• Chris Schuh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep it simple. Bucketing by today, yesterday etc just complicates things. The default should be just all arranged by date, with the option to filter the way they are arranged......same as it is now.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This... i like the look of a long list of emails with the newest first. Having a break (yesterday, today), seems to break the flow and my eyes can no longer differentiate between new and old emails anymore.

• PM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an option to turn off grouping. The grouping headers make it difficulty to scan down the list of emails and the headers take up too much space for no benefit.

• gsdowsett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate it. Just keep it logical. As and when emails come through regardless of where they are from

• Andrew Goldstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, either get rid of the automatic grouping or have a way to switch it off. Otherwise, I like the improvement.

• Ricky Henry-Pierre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too do not like the beta version of inbox sorting . I would like them to be sorted by date order with newest first.

• Pamela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prefer inbox not to be sorted by date (today, yesterday, this month, etc.). Would rather they be listed in date order, most current first, but not grouped. Thanks!

• Leah Lubinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the options that are in the current settings to be able to sort emails in multiple different ways (date, sender, attachments, etc) HAving the ability to choose how to sort the emails is helpful.

• Andreea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I think it would be great if it could be an option that could be turned on/off. The buckets take space, and as you have the vertical reading pane, that takes space also, you could end up (if you receive lots of email and keep "to-do" ones in the inbox, as I do) losing sight of the past emails until too late. On the other hand, it is useful to see you haven't answer/addressed an email in over a month (where the buckets came in handy).

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base