OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,218 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the initials either, or a huge icon denoting an attachment, it wastes far too much space. The paperclip icon is enough.

I actually love the option with the dates because I can find an email easily. I just don't like the Initials next to the name. It is too much to look at.

I actually love that option because I can find an email easily. I just don't like the Initials next to the name. It is too much to look at.

• JALAYNE WEINFURTNER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get almost 100 emails a day so being able to put them in alphabetical order by sender name is important so I can read all from one sender at a time and then either delete them or move to a folder to keep. I am in charge of organizing many functions and the alphabetizing makes it much easier to organize. So put it back in filters, please!!!

• Tim Jaskow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I preferred having all of my past emails, sent and received, available instead of you deciding that I only need to see "Today, Yesterday, or This Month". Just leave them all listed where I can decide what i want to do with the old emails. Maybe I don't want to "Archive" them but they are MY old emails and I want to check back on them when I want to check back on them. Not when YOU say that I can.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree complete, the bucketing makes it more complex just leave the emails as individual items as per Outlook

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this feature. I get too many emails and it's harder toto keep track on them when they are separated by day. It's distracting and it's not really necessary for me to know which day did I get each email.

Besides, each "day" subtitle takes too much space on the screen, so its harder to get a big picture of all the emails at the same time.

I agree that there should be an option to turn it off :)

Yep, agree with Andre. Too much un-needed vertical spacing. It is pretty awful on a 13/15 inch laptop.

• Terri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also prefer to sort my emails by sender. I get so many a day and sometimes I don't have time to check it within a day or two. Going through entire email inbox is time consuming . It is nice to look up by sender or date to focus on email that needs attending to.

• Lys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer to sort my emails by sender rather than when they were received / sent. Please consider offering options for the inbox view. It is very frustrating to be looking for a message from a particular sender when you have to go through your entire inbox. Sorting by sender allows me to see everything a particular sender mailed to me at once.

Provide an option to turn it off. I've never liked that feature, not even in Microsoft Office email software.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base