OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,218 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sdanrich@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another webmail that went with the 2nd-grade schoolbook look of large *** white space around the text, to insure LESS efficiency by forcing more scrolling. i also HATE HATE HATE the forced auto grouping by date. I DON'T WANT MY MESSAGES GROUPED. Sorting is just fine, tyvm.

• 69Hippy@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't like this new version!! This month, that month, older. I can see the dates just fine and I know when it came in that way. I don't need all the divisions in my inbox. It's distracting. I want to go back to the previous version and can't find a setting to do that!!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see my entire inbox,..I don't need it categorized by month...I can SEE the date of the email. I'm stuck with an overview of only a handful of emails instead of a big chunk of my inbox which I was able to view on an entire page. Please undo this mess.

• son_of_peleus@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Categorizing messages by "today," "yesterday," "this month," isn't particularly helpful to my business. I understand some people may find this helpful, but an option for turning this off would be most appreciated.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don't like how messages are grouped by like "This Month" and "February" and stuff, like I just want my messages not grouped. otherwise I love this new setup, except if you r inside the delete folder you need to click a different folder name and then the delete folder again after to be able to see and select "Delete All"

• Chad Nibbelink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't figure out the oldest to newest in an email string. The most important thing about email is actually reading the message received. It shouldn't be so difficult. Please make this look more like MS Outlook on my PC.

• jenben1234@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the inbox sorting emails into when they arrived... Today, yesterday, January. etc. I would like to be able to select all of the message within a certain section at the same time..

• Eran_Salomon@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the new look in the beta version BUT i do not see any option to remove completly the "sort" function in the inbox screen - I like to see all my emails sorted by date one after another without any seperations like week/moth etc. but I see that the only option when sorting my emails by date is to have the emails in the inbox sorted with separations of month - it will be good if i can remove these like in the office outlook app where you can eliminate all types of sorting.

• Denise Riedl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do NOT want to see my messages by day! Please tell me how to get rid of "Yesterday", etc. I can read the date the message came in... that is a distraction and a waste of my sightline.

• kujayhawk93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They refer to these as "date headers". Go to Full Settings-->Mail-->Layout. Scroll to the bottom and click "Don't show date headers in message list".

Also, for those who don't like the big colored circles with the sender's initials, from that same Layout screen, click "Don't show sender images".

• Kevin Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also unable to turn off buckets and cannot find any method to do that anywhere in your settings.

• Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

specifically where in settings do I turn off the buckets? I didn't find it in the full settings tab

• murphygirl_toon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. This is so annoying as it takes up so much space and gives me no value. This should be an optional feature that people who like it can turn on.

• Janine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to turn off this configuration and I was not find it. I clicked in Configuration Option on the right side.

• Barbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like any of the features. why can't we have a option to go back to the way the email used to be. and do not like the color circles in the email.

• Ajay Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see all that is in my inbox. If I want to categorize it I will let you know.

• Leka Shameti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attention !!!! I changed date headers option in the Beta Sep2017, and it erased all the inbox ...

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base