OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,217 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

231 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HATE the New Outlook, cant open attachment or download emails, too may repeted folders, don't like the Inbox today, yesterday, etc.

• luisa.star82@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sept 20-2018 - I just turned on my Outlook.com (I have hotmail) and noticed the screen has changed. First off, I do not like how my Inbox looks with my emails sorted by months, then Older. How do I get my emails to be show just one after the other. It's too busy looking this way and if I can remove these sorted by months, then I'd be willing to see what else Beta has to offer. We should have the option to select how our Inbox appears with our messages. But right now. MAIL is looking much better.

I want to get rid of the difference between 'this month' and 'older'. How can I do this?

Why oh Why can't you just leave things alone? The previous Outlook format was perfectly easy to use and understand. Here there are lines/colours everywhere and believe me I can tell which emails I receive on a day-to-day basis - I don't need you taking up space with "Yesterday" - please give us credit for some intelligence. Just stop messing about with things - it's like a supermarket changing items on a shelf because they think it will encourage shoppers to buy more and different things - all it does is frustrate people and put them off.

• captain_quirk@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

terrible format update. typical microshit.
    you've partitioned it as follows...
    "today"
    "yesterday"
    "this morning"
    etc etc etc.
    how laughable that this morning is distinct & disjunct from "today".
    every email has a date, & is chronologically ranked. why do this?
    why not work on improving filtering to improve unwanted / spam emails, phishing scams etc instead?

change for the sake of change is not necessarily good change. instead of dictating to people, why not try asking what end-users want - especially as microshit is forcing people to use it's rubbish products?

I don't want my inbox stating when emails are from "Yesterday", "This month", "August,", etc., because it's already in the column. I want all emails in my inbox together. I want to get rid of the subsections.

Why are you making changes and forcing them on users when they didn't ask for them? Make the changes, sure, but make them OPTIONAL. I hate my new inbox and display.

• sagrat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to my Inbox?? I do NOT need to know which messages came in today and which came in yesterday, after the last time I logged on. Is this the Beta version? I really don't like it, and find it very awkward to use. Is there any way to remove the tags of "Today" and "Yesterday" and "This month"? They really are not necessary to my daily usage of my inbox. Thanks.

• dlatour96@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate the new "View by month" feature that was forced onto my mail box, and there is no option to disable or remove it. It make my inbox more cluttered and does not feel user friendly or productive.

• Net Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Date headers are not needed. I prefer a continuous listing of emails. How can I get read of those "headers"? Thx for nothingt.

• trixerific@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I make this new, unwanted, look go away? I want the date on my emails back. I want to get rid of the "today" "yesterday" "this month". The new look is cumbersome, distracting and unnecessary. I liked it the way it was. How do I get that look back? With the date the email arrived included in my inbox. This one is just bad graphic design.

Stop sorting by today, yesterday, and etc. Just lump it all in as read and unread sorted by date. I don't really care if something was sent yesterday at 11:59pm or today at 1am. That's a meaningless distinction. (Or at least have it an option for me to get rid of. OR LET ME CHANGE BACK.)

• dfrizol@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't like the new Inbox that forces you to view the messages by Today, Yesterday, etc. Also, the initials icon is very annoying and distracting. Please change back or let us revert to old view.

Inbox: Please write ''DATE'' not ''yesterday'' or ''today'' and not ''last month'' Why oh why oh WHY do you do this crazy things.... : ( dont change everything all the time. If you dont have enogh work to do, I suggest you start a support business to help us with our problems og functions we dont understand, instead of changing unneccessery things we dont need it.

• djl.miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the nice visual full flags????? I can barely see them. Amongst many other NEW features my lord it has made my quality time difficult! For instance "my folders" my gosh that's an extra 'find and click', the outline now in the Inbox showing 'Today', scroll more, 'Yesterday', scroll more, 'Last month'...etc etc!!! We were allowed to use the Inbox list of emails by viewing the list and if we wanted to see what dog date it came in it was right to the right of each email. Just very simple! I hate to revert and transfer all my emails to another email provider but it's not the first I've done that. I just hope you are listening to one of your long time customers. I'm sure you will here from many more. Thx

• R. Mircea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inbox is too crowded, 10 pinned emails cover half of my screen without the option to atleast hide them in a 'drop-down' way.

Each email takes way too much space in Inbox, including the "inbox", "today", "yesterday" etc. I can only see 17 emails in Inbox, the classic was more compact.

The blue color in Dark-mode is awful and annoying, make ALL OF IT dark.

• alisonrodger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change it back. Sack the 7 year old designer and change it back. I know today is today and yesterday was yesterday - I don't need it plastered all over the place wasting space. Took me 5 mins to work out where the new email button was!!!!!!!!

• ashley1545@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not a fan of the new look. If I have have my account to be restored to the old one, that would be great. Too confusing with the "Today", "yesterday", and "This Month"

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base