OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,218 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

234 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sheila D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Redundancy...why on earth do we need to have the headers: Yesterday,,,Today...This Month...Older?? The days and dates tell us the same info and take up much less room.
    BTW, finally found the Block so I do not have to open phishing emails and possibly contaminate my computer.

• gamblemaniac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Today" subject line strip sits, needlessly, in the second spot below the latest received email and above all the rest, taking up precious space and reminding me it is, in fact, today. Why, why, why???

• Sheri O'Reilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please disable grouping by Today, Yesterday, This Month. I do not need a big space separating my emails into today, yesterday, this month, and then all the previous months!

I do know how to read the date on the right side of all emails.

All it's doing is taking up valuable real estate in my inbox.

At least give us the option to group emails by date or NOT.

Thank you.

• Chrissy Pang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The view is just ugly and I don't want to see the 'Today / Yesterday' headings - I just want to see all my emails in a list which I can sort newest to oldest, with pinned ones at the top. CHANGE IT BACK FGS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Sir or Madam, could You tell me please - how to switch off these notifications about e-mails: "Yesterday", "This month" etc. They are very annoying and totally useless. Thank You in advance.

What is with the "month" thing? The date is on the right...I think we all can read without you having to add "this month "October" etc. Starting to look like the mess yahoo made a couple years ago. Fixing issues would be better than trying to pretty it up. Thanks

• JaeElle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us a feature to use or not use the days our emails arrive (Today, Yesterday, this Month). Takes up extra space & is not needed for some of us. The dates show on the side of the message, which is plenty. Some of us don't need 2 features, doing the same thing.

• Vicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To remove "Yesterday", "This Month";
    They refer to these as "date headers". Go to Full Settings-->Mail-->Layout. Scroll to the bottom and click "Don't show date headers in message list".

Thank you @kujayhawk93!
    Also, for those who don't like the big colored circles with the sender's initials, from that same Layout screen, click "Don't show sender images".

• Andrew Jakobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the new look the list of the mails is way too high (I switched off the sender icons), now I can only see half of the mails in comparison to the previous layout. Maybe ok for mobile, but on >24" screens it's very annoying to only see so few information even though I have more than enough screenestate..

I don't need my mail categorized monthly, it's a waste of spa
    ce, more confusing

As usual MS gives us tons of annoying features we neither wanted nor needed and they don't give us a choice of how to control them. It's their way or the highway unless you can find the back doors.

• Jm wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for this. Finally found it. BUT I STILL CAN'T GET RID OF THE DOUBLE SPACING of emails and of folders. Please, please fix this. Those of us who use a mouse or stylus do not want this productivity killing space. Please give more consideration to the business market, not to idle teens using tablets.

• Crista Vesel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the new Outlook Mail and wish I could go back to the other version. Some of my complaints are: the mailbox shows fewer messages - and is taken up by "This month" banner; in the junk mail folder the 'delete' and 'not junk' buttons are right next to each other - I have accidentally sent a message to the wrong folder; the 'phishing' button is absent from places that I need it (like the main mail page) - so I have to handle the message multiple times; I can't arrange the 'Folders' in my own order - the 'favorites' folder is pretty useless and just takes up space.

• Bobbie W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the new outlook live. I can't stand my inbox being separated into categories of week, etc... I like them listed--they are in numerical calendar order after all, why split it up and make it so difficult.

• MaddieCollins@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I click on an email to open up, it says on the header in the inbox there is an attachment, and when opened it is not there. I need these attachments to be opened. I have deadlines and cannot use what has been sent to me as I cannot see them. Please can you sort this out with immediate effect. Thank you.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base