OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,218 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

229 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve Keighley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this option at all and the beta is terrible. No useful tools really at all. Just made it more convoluted.

• Dimitri Souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want a simple and plain list of emails sorted by date.

Outlook should not force any kind of grouping (either grouping by date, our grouping by conversation).

I am a premium subscriber, and if there is no option to disable grouping by date or by conversation, I will definitively migrate to Gmail.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This made my inbox a total mess! Can't find messages sent yesterday, and I keep a lean inbox averaging ten to twenty things to sort a day. If I want the week or month, it would be a separate function.

• James Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I like the old 'yesterday' 'thursday' 'wednesday' settings. Let's me see what needs to be done soon. But switched to Beta and all bucketed into 'last month' without any visible way to change to how I like it. Previously had a sense of what was urgent. Now, one big purposeless list.

• Paal Joachim Romdahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to turn off Yesterday, This month, and month title. Or double click to hide and just have a thin line signaling a shift.

• Daniel Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop wasting space with unneeded daily and monthly break points, just more distracting ****, keep it clean and streamlined, not a bunch of other ****

• Dave Braun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

List all my emails sequentially with no date breaks. I contacted your chat support and he couldn't get rid of this feature. He suggested I call MSN support where a canned message blew me off.

• Joe Persek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely!! Yahoo Mail recently added the date separators and made them mandatory. Offering them is fine but make them optional.

I do not like this option. In fact, I haven't seen anything about the beta that I'm impressed with.

• Ann Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't make the user take extra steps to disable what we don't like. Just offer options we can choose to select and use. I have no need to see the full list of emails when I've chosen to open and read one.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree!! Its distracting, unnecessary information that takes space. This is relevant for the inbox lay-out, as well for the folders. Preferably I see a list with only one level - no hierarchy; just all the folders I want to see in the order I give them. No favorites.

• Neil P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removing this feature will also provide more screen space to view email content

• alba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I like to have the mail separated into "Today" "Yesterday", etc., but I agree that there should be an option to turn this off.

I don't like the Favorites, in particular as I see that the whole Inbox is duplicated under Favorites, again there should be an option to turn it off completely.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the message list is grouped by date; seemingly by month. Users should have the ability to change or remove this grouping. I would prefer to not have the grouping at all, but the default grouping of monthly is not particularly useful.

Hate the "today" and "yesterday" bucketing enough to ditch beta after just 5 minutes.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base