OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,218 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

234 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS WAS CONFUSING TO ME, ALSO THE FACT THE CONVERSATION STARTED AT THE TOP AND THE END WAS AT THE BOTTOM. FOR HOW MANY YEARS HAS THE TOP ALWAYS BEEN THE MOST RECENT?

I HAD TO READ THE WHOLE THING AND EVEN THEN I WAS QUESTIONING DID I MISS SOMETHING?

TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO.

• kh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way Outlook.com works today, it works really well actually! Using the Order by Date or by From easily is very useful. Daily, I start out by Date first to quickly filter thru what I don't need and then switch to From to read. Conversation mode is not useful to me on personal email - useful in business, not personal.

• dawnzig@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually like having the organization by date, however, not being able to 'select all' within that separate time period is frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give an option to turn off the headers showing all the emails that came in "yesterday"

Too Much Going On

there simply too much going on, and the compartmentalization of the emails by days, weeks, months just confuses the issue. plus, when you get deep into an email chain, it can become disconcerting to the point where you're not sure if you're responding to the right person, the right email, etc.

I find the separation into time periods space consuming and annoying. Would prefer to turn it off and just have the emails listed in ascending or descending order according to date.

Yes, don't force us to group by anything specific. Give the option, but allow us to turn it off.

• In Cognito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get rid of the Date's in the inbox "Older" "Today" "Last week" They don't help.

I like mine bucketed by groups BUT you should have the option to choose if you want to use the buckets or not and you should be able to choose to sort by newest or oldest first

Yes! I like mine sorted by date with the new emails at the bottom. I can't find a way to do that in this new version so I switched back :)

• chrism12@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just as a heads up to those as frustrated as me, if you have an adblocker installed you can manually block that element and it'll get rid of it until they address this.

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base