OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

don't bucket emails by today, yesterday, day, week, month, or provide an option to turn it off

6,219 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Michaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

228 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephanie R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this issue been resolved? I can not seem to find out how to stop the view sorting by months/category

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NOT have emails grouped according to MICROSOFT'S wishes spaced out into 'today', 'yesterday' etc. which is how this ridiculous new 'Beta' (in reality 'worsa') version is - and which, judging by the volume of complaints, nobody wants. Yet you refuse to allow us to return to Classic, which everyone seemed to like.

.Yet again Microsoft doesn't listen and is clearly actively seeking to lose customers. What an utterly stupid, bizarre way to run a company. You simply don't deserve to have any customers.

• bbpotter@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really do not like your new design. I really hate the icons for each message. They are distracting and useless. Separating by day and month is also distracting.

• cuc tu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like my emails grouped in days and months. You changed that without my desire and I don't like it. I don't like surprises either. Oh, surprise, the email right now is not grouped, because I touched feedback. LOL!!! Great UI MS!

• Kara.Newsome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of Focused/Other function, it doesn't work properly, especially as you are the ones who chose what is focused. Stupid and confusing. Also confusing is the normal view - the non focused/other view (which I always switch it back to when you try and force me to use that stupid focused view). Even the normal view you have changed and separated it out into today, yesterday etc. which I don't like. Stop making these stupid little changes that just make it harder for me to read my mail!

Cannot receive email sent from my iPhone. I do not need little symbols by incoming mail and I do not like how you separated the email with this month, yesterday, etc.

Anyway to get a normal email anymore. Hate this Focused/Other This month, that month?

• Jan VH Luthman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi jzimmz3
    Have a look at the blue bar at the top of your Outlook page. At the right-hand end, there are six symbols – if you hover your cursor over each one in turn, each one will identify itself.
    The third symbol looks like a small cogwheel – that’s ‘Settings’.
    Left-click on the Settings symbol – that opens a drop-down menu of settings options that are pretty much self-explanatory.
    At the bottom, there is a final option ‘View All Outlook Settings’ - left-click on that and you open up a new page of settings.
    The top one is ‘Layout’ and ‘Focused Inbox’ – this has two options ‘Sort Messages’ and ‘Don’t Sort Messages’
    There are loads more options – have fun trying them out. It’s amazing how much stress you can take out of your life 😊

• jzimmz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHERE are the SETTINGS then please? WE DO NOT SEE TO SEE THIS separation into day, yesterday, month .. WE ARE NOT STUPID ...
    ANOTHER HORRIBLE CHANGE.

• jzimmz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WE DO NOT NEED TO SEE 'today' 'yesterday' or 'november' as captions in our emails. WE ARE NOT STUPID. THIS IS DISTRACTING.

• Sheri O'Reilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take off the ******* heading in my email!!!!
    Do we look like complete IDIOTS that can't read the date on each line?????
    If you are going to add ****, at least give us the option to undo or turn it off!!!

AND, I did NOT ask for my suggestion to be merged here. Above it says "COMPLETED". UHM, it's not. So you merged my feedback with another that is FINISHED??? Thanks!

I would like to turn off the Yesterday, This Month, October. \Just take up space and not necessary.

• Sheila D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Redundancy...why on earth do we need to have the headers: Yesterday,,,Today...This Month...Older?? The days and dates tell us the same info and take up much less room.
    BTW, finally found the Block so I do not have to open phishing emails and possibly contaminate my computer.

• gamblemaniac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Today" subject line strip sits, needlessly, in the second spot below the latest received email and above all the rest, taking up precious space and reminding me it is, in fact, today. Why, why, why???

• Sheri O'Reilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please disable grouping by Today, Yesterday, This Month. I do not need a big space separating my emails into today, yesterday, this month, and then all the previous months!

I do know how to read the date on the right side of all emails.

All it's doing is taking up valuable real estate in my inbox.

At least give us the option to group emails by date or NOT.

Thank you.

• Chrissy Pang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The view is just ugly and I don't want to see the 'Today / Yesterday' headings - I just want to see all my emails in a list which I can sort newest to oldest, with pinned ones at the top. CHANGE IT BACK FGS.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base