OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

I like the mode with the Reading Pane off

You turned it on for me... can you let me turn it off?

The Reading Pane takes up too much space on the right, and I want my previews to show up in an ordered way (right now it might be a little hard to tell which word belongs to which thing).

29,237 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! We’re glad to inform that you can turn the Reading Pane off yourself by taking these steps:

1. Go to Settings (you should see the Quick Settings in the side pane)
2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

If this is the mode you prefer, go right ahead and personalize your Outlook.com that way!

2107 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • YSABEL VARGAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate this feature!!! I want to see my emails and don't need them bunched up. I have accidently deleted entire threads when I just wanted to delete one email. Stupid feature.

• YSABEL VARGAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see my emails and don't need them bunched up. I have accidently deleted entire threads when I just wanted to delete one email. Stupid feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have the pic to add, you don't have it. I touch no settings yet when I try to send pic of timesheet it seems to somehow change. Leave the PIC at the bottom with toolbar so the pic can be sent right over. Can't count HOW MANY TIMES YOU"VE CHANGED THIS FEATURE!!!! Irritating. you went from going off to the side and clicking computer going to pics to just clicking the pic at the bottom PERFECTION and SIMPLE loved it now you have attchmnt. Hate It. And you have all that AD **** to the right ANNOYING AS S*** so you can't stretch out everything my emails and files are so CRAMMED UP ! NOT FUN , especially if you don't clear out your junk for a couple of days I'm bombarded with **** to clear out If I could I would just hit DELETE ALL as I used to but as using email more frequently all goes into Junk 1st which is how I want it, But also means you can't just CLEAR IT OUT with a click of DELETE ALL. Seems you CONSTANTLY CHANGE THE EMAIL? WHAT GIVES WITH THIS?????? Leave it alone, fix it. whatever my gosh.................

I hate this feature!!! I want to see my emails and don't need them bunched up. I have accidently deleted entire threads when I just wanted to delete one email. Stupid feature.

• William Ferguson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The long line is perfect for telling at a glance if the email is important or if it can wait.
    The only reason for the change would be that the appearance is too similar to Gmail and Yahoo mail.

• Kopernikus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. But it takes also too much space in the vertical line esp. on the top.

Idea merged

An idea you supported (Too many vertical panels) has been merged with a similar idea:
    My idea "too many vertical panels" has nothing to do with this idea.
    My idea is to remove the left vertical panel on the new design. on the left that mailboxes.
    this new vertical panel only with icons for "calendar" , "contacts" ... it's useless. please remove from the beta.
    nothing to do with reading panel off.

• Pirkko Eskuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Original version was quite good. All arrived messages on the first page with obvious trash delegated to the second page. No searching. Why make it so complicated? If it ain't broke dont fix it!

Don't like my email messages being separated, I could easily over look them. Somethings don't need to be changed!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 105 106

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base