OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,333 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

820 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bonnie Lane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't seen this ... an ad that I couldn't delete. This must have been fixed. I would never put up with that.

• Leesa Westfall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY are ads showing up in my sidebar taking up screen room?? WHY are ads showing up in my inbox that I cannot block?

• tara-anita@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ad displays on the right side of screen. Please remove it. It interferes with reading your emails. Cannot see the whole page because the ads takes up the space and its distracting and frustrating.!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lease get rid of the flashing ads on the right hand side of my screen. They are invasive of my privacy and impact on my concentration.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove the right-hand column for ads in the Beta. This whole experience reminds me of Yahoo Mail, which I cannot stand. The page takes long to load if an ad doesn't load. It makes reading emails difficult.

Remove the advertising . Users can use Yahoo Mail if they want that experience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had my hotmail account for 20 years and have never had any huge issues with it. I need a way to remove the extremely intrusive advertisement bar that now takes up a large portion of the right hand side of my screen. It makes the entire service much more difficult to use (and frankly I find it disrespectful). I am not so busy or so attached to the service that I would not happily start using another email address elsewhere.

• Riawa Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the stupid color-coded dots and the stupid abbreviations. It looks like the menu of a Yogurt Lab and distracts me rather than being any help. I also hate how the beta puts big fat spaces between the sections and I want to delete the ads. I'm especially sick of getting ads for single's groups, as I've been happily married for 5 years and plan to stay that way.

• jaime8880@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the add's!!!!!! it take up to much realestate and its just staring you in the face!!! I better not get an add for something gross and have to look at it the whole time whilst checking emails

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base