OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

824 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jaime8880@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the add's!!!!!! it take up to much realestate and its just staring you in the face!!! I better not get an add for something gross and have to look at it the whole time whilst checking emails

• batool.khouri@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very big add to the right, your email has a very bad presentations, I am thinking seriously to move to something else. I am sure your are loosing many customers because of the bad user experience you give to your users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad appearing on the right side of the page is disrupting the view of the mail box. Can it be viewed as a small box in a corner or may we an option to close that box to read our mails without much issue please?

• TIMOTHY PASANDUKA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why have added a window to the right of my message window, I cant read my messages because this unwanted window is taking all my reading space. Can you please remove it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I NEVER click on the ads on any site. They don't even register. The ads streaming just chew up data...which we have very little per month. If you want to make a free e-mail, make it free...one option for computer users, another option for smart phone users. Don't try to combine both, it doesn't work. Beta split screen is and has always been useless to me.

• Mistie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why am I getting ads in my INBOX! ARGH!!! thinking I might leave hotmail now after 15 years!

• Trish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree....no way to delete the ads received in inbox....stupid setup!

• Melanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the advertisements that pop up in my inbox; it's just more stuff I have to delete.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base