OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

824 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have retried this beta setting again and it is awful, loads of the settings like sweep are missing and I use these a lot to file my emails.

Please leave what works alone, do not simplify, a lot of your users like to have choices, do not do what you did to Windows XP to 7 or I will close my account, just like I left Windows.... Sorry if sounds strong, however you simply do not listen to your average users, you are just like Google, Facebook, eBay & Gumtree always trying to stick adverts in our face..stop it, or lose us....

• Kurbatova Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support the idea that ad should be removed for subscribers! I It indeed takes too much space and it is simply annoying.

• m.mamun@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really worrying me. I just recently switched from Gmail. I like the Outlook.com and now I am testing the beta version. When I click on any of the 'settings', 'help', or 'my account' button then advertising panel just shifts to left and make additional vertical panel which makes the reading panel really very narrow.

• Haniel Huam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have sight problems and i need to zoom the page to see better, but the ads get as big as the others tab, therefore e can not see the hole message, if you zoom in the page you will understand what i am saying.

• falconer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that paying subscribers of Office 365 should not see ads in Outlook.com

• freakypeach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an office 365 home subscriber, I also feel ads should be removed from the site. please consider this.

• Oscar Abuawad Lorite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you want to use this new interface, you should eliminate advertising on the right side, because it eats a lot of horizontal space. Put it somewhere else.

Implement the option to organize messages in coversations or not (PLEASE)

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I subscribe to Microsoft Office there should be no ads inside of outlook.com.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base