OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

824 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is considered a Tech GIANT. and it is frustrating that it places ads on the right pane taking up so much space. NO Email provider does that! Are your company dependent on this??? I use adblockers and anyway nothing is shown there, just a fcking blank wall which takes ******* 20% of your window leaving it useless. pathetic!

• Sharon O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You changed things on outlook I CANNOT email anyone after these changes. Can't find ANYONE to help. Also, I do NOT want you to send me "suggestions" on coffee shops and such.

• Subhadeep Dey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove the right sidebar with ads. It takes away the whole experience. Even the new Gmail looks much better than this app.

• JoKoch3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ads are taking up more than half my email page with no option to remove them ???

• Paal Joachim Romdahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Earlier I paid 15$ to get rid of the ads. I see no option to do so any longer. It seems now I have to pay for Office 365 which is a much higher amount to get rid of the ads and get all the other extras with it. I would like to have the option and not be forced to view ads that also take up too much space and cut into the reading of the e-mail. As I have earlier paid to remove the ads and now suddenly have ads it really ****** me off.

• Gabriel Juan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the banner ads have to go - I already pay Microsoft for the MSN account and don't believe I should be having to see these large size banners.

I wanted to let you know that I don't appreciate the new ads window that has been added to my outlook account. It's frustrating that you add something like this and make it challenging to remove.

Ads on the email page are the worst idea ever! I put this in the same category with spam phone calls! Please eliminate this "new feature"

When I switched to the oultook.com beta, ads came back. When I try to remove them it tells me to upgrade to Office 365 home, which I have....

• Addy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove the ad you idiot. It cramped, and annoyed my eye when the inbox view is to small and the ad is bigger.

Ads along the side are distracting, and because of them the actual emails are scaled to ridiculously small proportions to fit on the screen. In total, including the sidebar and the ads there are five columns. The page is too busy.

Remove the video advertisements or I will stop using outlook email. There is no way that I have found to pause or mute them. They just keep coming. It is annoying enough for me to go through the hassle of switching email addresses.

• Robin Varghese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The advertisement on right hand side is taking space. Also, I am not able to view the email in full page.

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base