OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

824 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Advertisment on the right have severely damaged the interface. this is the only reason I will not use outlook.com

Hello,
    I'm viewing my outlook on a desktop after the recent updates and have a few suggestions to make the experience more user-friendly. I preferred the advertisement located on the right side of the screen, instead of the bottom. The giant advertisement takes up too much screen space, and I prefer seeing more of my emails. If there is no way of changing the location of the advertisement, please allow the user to exit the ad. Currently, this does not seem to be possible. Additionally, it would be nice to see the entire subject and timestamp of each email instead of having to scroll to the right. Maybe these are features I need to change in settings - but I did not run into those issues until the recent update. Thanks!

• James Powers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Performance of Outlook web-mail is terrible... The adds take of so much resource that mail takes far too long to load. Switching between focused and other, is not seamless and is slightly painful.. How do you get rid of the adds?

• T J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't see a thing, only 2 mails visible and that AdChoice filling up one third of the whole Outlook mailbox! How ridiculous!

How make the bottom 6th of my screen viewable again. Your ads are NOT appreciated. If I have to deal with this any longer I will drop Outlook!

• Rick Hibbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option to pay for Outlook.com and eliminate the advertisements as is done with many phone apps.

• Diliberti Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I get rid of that advertising box at the bottom. It takes up valuable viewing space. or should I switch to Gmail?

I never asked for any of the changes to my Hotmail account. If you don't remove the ads I will stop using outlook email. ********!

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base