OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,329 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

816 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kkr26061994@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current Ad Canvas is Taking More Space On the Side. Give Ad like Google. Then Only Peoples love to use outlook. This is looking like cheap UI.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to have to sign up for any 'upgraded' service - you know that that will cost money and that is ridiculous. All that Outlook are doing is ensuring that I will NEVER pay money for any service that its customers provide - ads blanking out my screen that make my life harder to live are nothing more than a deterrent. GET RID OF THE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!

Having ads I can't hide in my inbox is extremely annoying and frustrating with the new chat set up. I keep accidentally clicking the ad when navigating chat. Also the brightness of them in dark mode is obnoxious, it'd be neat if the ads had a dark mode too (or at least dim the white a bit). Thanks!

• j_albrethsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adds take up too much Space and the scroll bar is sometimes lost behind adds. Seriously thinking about about changing to other service....

• Krissy_K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a large ad on the right side, above my IM window. Now my IM window is super small because the ad takes up 3/4 of that side. How do I get rid of the ad?

• regenad@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CAN'T READ EMAILS DUE TO THE ADS TAKING UP SO MUCH SPACE! IT IS N-O-T IMPRESSIVE & IT IS NOT GOING TO GET ME TO PURCHASE ANYTHING/111

• mcerajewski@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad sidebar (in my case located on the right) shows ads relentlessly tracking browsing behaviour.
        While "suggestions" of junk I already purchased are not very helpful at all, when they display images of Christmas gifts that were supposed to be a surprise, these suggestions are just infuriating. Stop that, nobody finds that useful anyway.

• pauls_trim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ad on side takes up too much room so panels cannot be stretched big enough to actually be useful

• Andrea Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you ever thought about people with epilepsy ?? The constantly flashing advert panel could prompt episodes. Also certain eye conditions are badly affected by flashing images. Do you really want to be responsible for causing harm?

Advertisment on the right have severely damaged the interface. this is the only reason I will not use outlook.com

Hello,
        I'm viewing my outlook on a desktop after the recent updates and have a few suggestions to make the experience more user-friendly. I preferred the advertisement located on the right side of the screen, instead of the bottom. The giant advertisement takes up too much screen space, and I prefer seeing more of my emails. If there is no way of changing the location of the advertisement, please allow the user to exit the ad. Currently, this does not seem to be possible. Additionally, it would be nice to see the entire subject and timestamp of each email instead of having to scroll to the right. Maybe these are features I need to change in settings - but I did not run into those issues until the recent update. Thanks!

• James Powers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Performance of Outlook web-mail is terrible... The adds take of so much resource that mail takes far too long to load. Switching between focused and other, is not seamless and is slightly painful.. How do you get rid of the adds?

• T J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't see a thing, only 2 mails visible and that AdChoice filling up one third of the whole Outlook mailbox! How ridiculous!

How make the bottom 6th of my screen viewable again. Your ads are NOT appreciated. If I have to deal with this any longer I will drop Outlook!

• Rick Hibbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option to pay for Outlook.com and eliminate the advertisements as is done with many phone apps.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41

New experiences in Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base