OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

824 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • luriezo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many adverts that it is mission imposible to write or read a mail....The advert box is as big as writing box!

• GVM. Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again greed have ruined what once was a well made, simple computer program. Luckily for Microsoft, there's a whole new generation of user who have no idea what uncomplicated (read uncommercialized) computer application looks like.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ADs block emails. You have 5G of drive free takes up almost entire category section. Your email has become extremely difficult to use.

• victrionk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't read my e-mail because your adverts are covering the whole of the reading space which is small enough already

• kkr26061994@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current Ad Canvas is Taking More Space On the Side. Give Ad like Google. Then Only Peoples love to use outlook. This is looking like cheap UI.

I don't want to have to sign up for any 'upgraded' service - you know that that will cost money and that is ridiculous. All that Outlook are doing is ensuring that I will NEVER pay money for any service that its customers provide - ads blanking out my screen that make my life harder to live are nothing more than a deterrent. GET RID OF THE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!

Having ads I can't hide in my inbox is extremely annoying and frustrating with the new chat set up. I keep accidentally clicking the ad when navigating chat. Also the brightness of them in dark mode is obnoxious, it'd be neat if the ads had a dark mode too (or at least dim the white a bit). Thanks!

• j_albrethsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adds take up too much Space and the scroll bar is sometimes lost behind adds. Seriously thinking about about changing to other service....

• bripollack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't like the new interface. The ad banner at the bottom is far too big.

• Krissy_K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a large ad on the right side, above my IM window. Now my IM window is super small because the ad takes up 3/4 of that side. How do I get rid of the ad?

• PeAcE™ only commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CAN'T READ EMAILS DUE TO THE ADS TAKING UP SO MUCH SPACE! IT IS N-O-T IMPRESSIVE & IT IS NOT GOING TO GET ME TO PURCHASE ANYTHING/111

• mcerajewski@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad sidebar (in my case located on the right) shows ads relentlessly tracking browsing behaviour.
    While "suggestions" of junk I already purchased are not very helpful at all, when they display images of Christmas gifts that were supposed to be a surprise, these suggestions are just infuriating. Stop that, nobody finds that useful anyway.

• pauls_trim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ad on side takes up too much room so panels cannot be stretched big enough to actually be useful

• Andrea Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you ever thought about people with epilepsy ?? The constantly flashing advert panel could prompt episodes. Also certain eye conditions are badly affected by flashing images. Do you really want to be responsible for causing harm?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42

The new Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base