OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Conversation view settings: disable conversation view or enable item view

I like the look of the new beta, however I wish there was an option to turn off conversation view (i.e. all replies stacked in a single thread). Depending on how you use email, it can be really helpful to have all emails listed individually.

9,821 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

December 2017: Thanks for your patience and continued use of the Outlook.com beta! We roll out new improvements every week, and are elated to announce that a recent update opened up this feature to you! You now can turn off Conversation View and show each item in your message list as its own entry. To do so, use the Settings (gear-shaped button) menu.

We will continue to make other improvements to the Outlook.com beta experience; thanks for your support!

1153 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I turn conversation view off? It is an extremely confusing view that makes it hard for me to find emails. I can't see this option in settings any more. I can only find settings that change how conversations look, none of which are helpful. Until that feature is available and easy to find (it used to be under Filter, which made it extremely accessible and easy to switch), I'm sticking to Beta.

If this feature has been removed I'm surprised, given it was one that was added after complaints during a previous outlook update.

• Debbie Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When people respond to messages I leave in my inbox rather then getting a new message the original message is appending with the response. I HATE this and I am missing responses! Can I turn this off? I want to see a new message alerting me that a message is being responded to This is awful.

• rick schenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why isnt posible to see each mail separately..absolutley no good idea to pull everything together!!

• Kim Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind the stacking conversation view, but I am finding it very frustrating to try to print it! Is there a way to print the entire conversation that is readable?

• Fernando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow to disable the group by emails messages (also known as conversations) for all users in a tenant using powershell

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not ask for this change, I do not want this change, I hate this change. Hurry up with allowing outlook user to disable this most annoying, hateful change. Please save my sanity!!!

• ky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can someone tell me how to get the emails back up into conversation setting?

• wlorack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't see any advantage to we, the users, hope it does something for outlook. I am emailing all my friends to look for me at a new email address.

• wlorack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this new format for email sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kathy Fricke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This set up is to say the least, upsetting! Please return my screen set up to the prior way of use.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar arrows for next or previous month should be left or right arrows. UP and DOWN arrows don't make the most sense.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base