OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rules are not working

my email rule is not work

965 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

223 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you, everyone, for reporting this issue to us. We understand the frustration around this issue that has been ongoing for some time, and are working to track down issues.

In order to help us pinpoint issues, please be as descriptive as possible in highlighting what your specific issue is when posting a comment.

In the meanwhile, here are some instructions and help to attempt to mitigate issues with your Mailbox:

- In order to create rules: 1) Right-click on a specific email and select “Create rule”. 2) Select the overflow menu in the top menu bar and click “Create rule”. 3) Click “Settings” → “Mail” → “Rules” → “Add new rules”

- Rules run in order from top to bottom on your rules list in the rules settings page. If you have a rule created with the option “Stop processing more rules” (enabled by default), once that rule condition…

• Rename folder does not work

Right click on a folder dropdown allows rename, but it does not work. Also, the folder name is right justified, it should be left justified

72 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • don't autoload

Don't automatically load my emails. I don't want to open them and I don't want to go into the bowels of the settings monster to change it

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! First off thank you for using the new Outlook.com experience, and thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.

I do have a few more questions that might help us understand what settings you are referring to.

1) Are you expecting/not wanting the preview pane that loads the messages?
          2) Or are you referring to the fact that a message loads when you sign into your mailbox?

Or something different. More details will help me debug the issue further.

Thanks!

David Los

• 98 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello dear outlook.com beta user,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please provide more details on what is not working for reporting spam here. Is the UX does not show update, or the spam is keep coming back? That would help us to investigate the issue. Thanks!

• trash can

No way to eliminate trash contents, there's a link for resume it, this in violation of privacy Italan law

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • audible/visual alerts

The notifications both audible and visual for new mail do not seem to be working in the beta.

45 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Emails marked as "Junk" were not moved to "Junk Email" folder

When I marked emails as "Junk" in the non-beta outlook.com, they were moved to the "Junk Email" folder immediately. However, when I did that in outlook.com beta, the emails disappeared from the folder but did not show in the "Junk Email" folder. Later, when I refreshed my browser later, they reappeared in the current folder. I wonder whether I misunderstood how "Junk" works or this is a bug?

Thanks.

42 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback and sorry you are experiencing this. You’re understanding this correctly – emails marked as “Junk” are moved to the “Junk Email” folder. Is it still happening?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base