OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I Don't Like Beta why change it

Please do not change from the old format of email. It was working well - why change it ?

148 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

405 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't show the Splash screen each time

If you're trying to chase me away from using Outlook, you're on the right track. Do I have to click to remove the popup announcement about the "improved" Outlook every single time I sign in? Do all the swell new features you crow about cause the extreme slowness of the system? Do you think people might not want your brilliant innovations forced on them, they're happy with things as they were?

23 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all – I just wanted to provide a quick update. We were able to get a patch pushed out which disabled the spalsh screen that some of you were seeing on each login.

You should not be seeing the issue any more. However, I do want to let you know that it is highly likely that you will see it one more time in the coming days. As the fix to the bug roles out it will trigger the screen just one more time.

Thank you for reporting this issue, and sorry for the annoyance it caused!

Thanks

David Los

• New feedback

I hate the new outlook version.

12 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

• I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed.

I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original Hotmail.

250 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing such great feedback. I wanted to address the feedback that you have left about not being able to do some of the advanced search that you had in the older outlook.com experience.

We actually do have advanced search. When you click in the Search box at the top of the screen, it will expand and there is a “filter” icon. If you click that icon you should be able to do date search, attachments, etc.

Hope this helps

David Los

• New feedback

Please bring back classic version, everyone hates BETA and wants to revert back so why should we be forced to use it. If it cannot be reverted i will move to another provider

23 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• MISSING folders

I want Hotmail back the way it was. I do not like the change. Some of my folders have been deleted.

11 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

20 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

234 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

• 360 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Missing deleted / junk mail

With the latest format, I'm unable to find a way to view deleted messages or messages that were sent to junk mail.

0 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• It's a mess.

It's a mess. Someone went wild with the crayons. I'm an adult; I want my emails to be displayed in clean, clear and succinct manner. It's Email, not the next great novel. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken. The old hotmail was clean, and now I'm dealing with Focus and Other - sheer idiocy, so don't make worse than it is!

158 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to try the new Outlook.com experience as well as providing feedback!

Since you have left this feedback, we have introduced a lot of additional settings that will allow you to configure the experience to be closer to the classic Hotmail/Outlook.com experience.

To get started click on the Gear in the top right.

From there you might want to Disable Conversation View, Reading Pane, Sender Photos, Attachment Previews, Group messages by date, and Focused Inbox.

Once you have those off it should look much more like the older experience.

Hope this helps, and please keep the feedback coming!

David Los

• GET RID OF FOCUSED MAIL NOW!

Get rid of the focused mail!, just sort by date cause i have to go through extra steps to find mail thats not there cause it didnt meet the criteria of focused, whatever that may be.

297 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

187 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using outlook.com, and for providing such great actionable feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you don’t like the Focused Inbox, you are able to easily disable it. When you disable it you will get all of your inbox items in a single view.

To do this, do the following:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right,
                          2) this opens the Quick Settings Pane, from here look for Focused Inbox. Turn it off.

Hope this helps!

• 'Message can't be displayed at the moment'

'Message can't be displayed at the moment'
                          Please check your internet connection or try again later.
                          My speed 50 to 80 mbs, ping 10 upload speed 12.5mbs
                          Yet unable to open emails but can on other sites and other areas of the internet, WOT WOS run fine?
                          Could not solve problem.

42 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

• Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

106 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 671 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• New feedback

Can't send mails. Is there any problem?

0 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• New feedback

I use this service for a little time. And it is very unprotected. Somebody hacked my account and I was blocked. Seems nobody can help me

9 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• why do new emails go directly into my deleted folder?

why do new emails go directly into my deleted folder? these are even emails i subscribe to.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Full Inbox Please!

I want to see my full inbox in chronological order, I don't want outlook to automatically try to filter it

214 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to personally thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing all of the great feedback.

I wanted to just drop you a note about the request for being able to see the inbox in a single view, not in the focused other view. We actually do support that right now.

To disable Focused Other follow these simple steps

1) Login to your outlook.com mailbox
                                        2) In the top right there is a Gear icon, This is settings click it.
                                        3) This opens up the quick settings view. From here you can disabled Focused Inbox.

Once you have it disabled you will go back to the old view where everything is in a single Inbox view.

Hope this helps

David Los

• Please do not change Outlook

Please, please, please do not change Outlook! It has been working fine for me (and it sounds like other agree) and it doesn't need to be "improved". At lease give us the option to not use the new version.

138 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• 4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 97 98
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base