OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

Switch me back now or I will move my email to a new company

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. New feedback

help to change this pos email service back to the ****** outlook I had before

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. New feedback

Hotmail used to be quick, easy and what I needed. You've gilded the lily so much that it runs like molasses in January. Eventually we're going to be parting company if I can't get this to run better. I cannot seem to turn off the **** I don't need or want. I just want SIMPLE net mail WITHOUT all the excess baggage.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. New feedback

Please help. I cannot send or reply to any emails!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

5. New feedback

The new outlook is awful. the numbers displayed at the side of the Inbox, junk Emails and other folders dont seem to update when I have read all my email or deleted the junk. I would like to revert back to the old outlook but the beta switch button is missing so I dont seem to be able to. Not happy at all about this. very poor microsoft!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. New feedback

I just logged on to my email account and do not like the new look, is there a way to PERMENTLY set it back to the way it was?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. New feedback

brinks prepaid debit cards doesn't accept my email address.why?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. New feedback

I do not like the new set up . Please take me back to where it was easy for me to read my mail. and every thing keep jumping. I can not find my junk mail.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. New feedback

i want to report phishing

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

10. New feedback

shove a big beta to all the custumers...........mail checking is now worthless....not possible to to view or reply to a decent mail without issues

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. New feedback

Ever since you've changed the mail interface form the good old Hotmail days, I've been having a hard time organizing my emails, sorting them, etc... anyway I could go to a more simplified version?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. New feedback

I have been using Outlook/Hotmail for a very long time. In that time you have made it easier to accidentally delete the entire contents of the Inbox and made it much more difficult to recover emails.

It is the least desirable email client I use. And it progressively gets worse. The user experience is terrible.

I do not enjoy giving such feedback for products. But in this case it is necessary.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. New feedback

You took a perfectly working system and made it so complicated that it is impossible to navigate and find old e-mails. Why did you change something that needed no correction? I am going elsewhere. Stop screwing around where everything works fine. Stp this ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. New feedback

I've outlook beta. trouble with it. hope i explain it right. go to deleted items.then look over to where you see your deleted messages. above that you see deleted items across you see filters next line down you see recover items deleted from this folder {624 items} is what my show. I've exited out of outlook many times each time i log back on i see this number 624 items. if i delete inbox or junk mail the number goes up but doesn't reset to 0 item for recover. i have been off outlook for a day or 2 come…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. New feedback

I made a big mistake. I need to revert back to my Hotmail account because of some inportant ongoing issues I have to resolve. I wanted an additional account not a complete replacement. HELP ME!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. New feedback

this is not my o,ld Hotmail account. I don"t have my saved pictures on here!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. New feedback

sorry do not like new outlook the screen is to light cant see where things are

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. New feedback

Why am I having such a difficult time using beta? Beta is not user friendly. It has a mind of it's own and could care less than what I need...I feel like I've been microsofted. And that is a 4-letter word.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. New feedback

There are lots of faults in this release. You could have done better.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. New feedback

Asked why I can't block some junk emails, got answer, which I can only see 2 lines of, to send to unwanted emails list. don't know where this is, never heard of it. Can I have the previous version of outlook back. If it ain't broke, why fix it!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base