OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Infinite scroll makes it impossible to get to old emails

Previous iterations of outlook.com have used pagination or viewport scrolling to allow me to accurately jump to any point in the middle of my inbox. The new layout, however, uses infinite scrolling, meaning that if I want to view a message more than a few days old, I have to scroll to the bottom, wait for a few messages to load, scroll to the bottom, wait for more messages to load, ad infinitum.

In fact, I can't any way in the new inbox of jumping to a historical email. If I can remember that I received an email at the…

3,783 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

211 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rules are not working

my email rule is not work

1,020 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

245 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you, everyone, for reporting this issue to us. We understand the frustration around this issue that has been ongoing for some time, and are working to track down issues.

In order to help us pinpoint issues, please be as descriptive as possible in highlighting what your specific issue is when posting a comment.

In the meanwhile, here are some instructions and help to attempt to mitigate issues with your Mailbox:

- In order to create rules: 1) Right-click on a specific email and select “Create rule”. 2) Select the overflow menu in the top menu bar and click “Create rule”. 3) Click “Settings” → “Mail” → “Rules” → “Add new rules”

- Rules run in order from top to bottom on your rules list in the rules settings page. If you have a rule created with the option “Stop processing more rules” (enabled by default), once that rule condition…

3. When scrolling through mail it is auto jumping back to top of the page

When scrolling down through emails it keeps randomly returning to the top of the list. When scrolling through older emails and having to wait for them to load into the list it is frustrating to have to go back down and wait each time for them to load.

820 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

330 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve identified one of the issues with Firefox which will be fixed when Firefox updates to version 57.

One of our users has also posted a solution for Firefox that seems to work that you can try in the interim:
    1) Type “about:config” in the address bar.
    2) Click the “I accept the risk” button.
    3) Type “accessibility.blockautorefresh” in the search box (though, you might not have to do this – for me it is the third item from the very top in config).
    4) Double-click on the first item that appears to modify the value to “true”.
    5) Restart Firefox.

We are also working on improving reliability and performance while scrolling that will help alleviate this issue on other browsers like Chrome, Edge, and IE. Those changes should be available soon and we will update this thread once those have been released.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

4. my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

744 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

5. "Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

701 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

336 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

6. Please allow us to get rid of this 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for it and it just takes up space.

Allow us to remove the 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for this and never will. Please allow us to delete it.

690 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

232 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

588 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. email deletion

EMail Deletion

Why can't I delete the emails showing on the panel vs having to delete my entire Inbox?? I don't like having to click each one seperately.

577 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

280 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. delay sending email or undo send

Hi,

I'm surprise that this feature is not yet in Outlook. I would like the possibility to delay sending email to a specific time.

Thank you

461 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

323 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scroll Bar Disappearing

How the **** can you subject your users to a product as bad as this?

The scrol bar keeps disappearing. The list of emails keeps updating.

Are you mad?

418 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Find all emails from a sender

I frequently get multiple emails from a sender in one day or daily emails from a sender. In the previous version, I could hover over the first line of an email in the Inbox and a context menu would appear. Then I could select "find" and handle all emails from that sender from the results screen. I don't see how to do that in the beta.

I'll probably have to leave the beta version because I can't do this type of "find".

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Deleted items re-appearing

Getting really sixk of deleting emails only to have them reappear multiple times.

373 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

494 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting feedback on this issue. We are actively investigating what may be occurring here and plan to address this issue as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, please also include your browser and browser version so we can better isolate the problem. Thanks for your continued help!

13. Switch between accounts

I have 2 Outlook.com accounts, 1 Office365 account, and 1 Gmail account I'd like to access through Outlook.com. Please allow me to switch easily between these accounts. I should be able to log in once, and link all of these together, and then switch between them easily. Currently I need to sign out and sign in to switch.

369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 options for 'select all' checkbox: Select All in view vs everything

In the old view I can select all, and have it select only the visible messages. With this new beta select all seems to select my entire inbox. I would like both options.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't attach files - STILL!

Outlook.com has become a failure. It would seem that 90% of the time I'm unable to send an email with an attachment as I get to notifications to say either "The following files couldn't be attached" or "this message can't be saved at the moment". If this is a lame attempt to have me use the cloud or go 'pro' it has failed. I will now go to Gmail. MS - you're becoming a legacy and not current and vital!!

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Undo Button

Change the Undo button to its original functionality as well as positioning. Previously the Undo button was on the right hand side of Web Outlook, ever since the update it move it to the left hand side. On top of changing location the button doesn't have the same functionality... previously when viewing an e-mail and deleting one, the undo button was featured on the right hand side as well.

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reply using correct "from" address when hitting reply, reply all, forward etc.

In the beta, when you reply to a message, it sends the message reply back to the recipient using the primary alias as the "from" address. The non-beta version 'remembers' which address the person sent the message to, and sets that as the "from" address in the reply. This behaviour is essential for ease of email management when multiple "from" addresses are available. Also, it should be a lot easier to always see whop you're sending an email "from" when you're replying/forwarding etc.

I can see that there is a setting for "always show from" in the beta settings but…

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mark as phishing

There is no option to mark something as phishing. You can only mark something as "unwanted" (translated from Danish). Even clicking on this is not removing the mail from the inbox folder.

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

210 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop thanking us for reporting phishing scams every time we report 1. After being told that reporting phishing scams helps once, we get it.

Stop thanking us for reporting phishing scams every time we report one. After being told that reporting phishing scams is helpful the first time, we get it. Needing to close that pop up every single time is I report a phishing scam is highly annoying.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. cuts off text on right

Cuts off right aspect of email text. Please fix to include all text in same pane without having to arrow to right.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 348 349
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base