OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blocked email selected not being blocked

blocked email not being blocked

2,126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  1170 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too much junk / spam: Junk folder becoming to inundated

20 year user moving to new platform. Flooded my junk box with advertisements now I have to search for any emails that may be of value to me that don't automatically filter to my inbox. It's a shame.

1,993 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  990 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

862 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

163 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

797 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

144 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

5. Please allow us to get rid of this 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for it and it just takes up space.

Allow us to remove the 'Conversation History' folder. I have no use for this and never will. Please allow us to delete it.

731 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

268 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Obvious spam being sent to Inbox

Why is obvious spam not going to Junk or being blocked. 42 emails with the same "From" and "Subject" that arrived within 120 secs to my Inbox. These should have been filtered out and deleted or at the very least sent to Junk. Why weren't they?

658 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  70 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. email deletion

EMail Deletion

Why can't I delete the emails showing on the panel vs having to delete my entire Inbox?? I don't like having to click each one seperately.

588 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

290 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Junk e-mail: block e-mail addresses using wildcards (eg *@*.can

Junk e-mail: why can't you allow the user to block e-mails using a wildcard and only part of the e-mail address? I receive, EVERY DAY, emails from pharmacy<something>.can and I want to block @.can instead of wasting my time to block every single instance, every single day

562 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

232 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rules for junk

PLEASE add rules for junk mail. I often get mail in my junk mail that is actually useful, so I look in there often. Lately, I've been getting SO MANY phishing emails from Save Yourself trying to "blackmail" me into sending them bitcoin, and it automatically goes to my junk folder, but I want anything with the words "Save Yourself" to be deleted so I don't have to look at it. Their emails contain an old password of mine, and their emails are all different, so even if I block one, I'll get another email from a different address in…

479 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  47 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. schedule sending email

Hi,

I'm surprise that this feature is not yet in Outlook. I would like the possibility to delay sending email to a specific time.

Thank you

478 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

330 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’d like to give everyone a somewhat complete update on this feature request.

The feature “Undo Send” has been available on Outlook.com for a while now. With it, you can set a small delay of up to 10 seconds when sending all your email messages.

Additionally, we plan to make available a bigger feature that is along the lines of “Schedule Send”. At the moment, I cannot provide a time estimate for when it will show up for you. However, we’re very excited and hopeful :)

11. Need a "block domain" option from Inbox.

Please give us the option of one click to select the "block domain" option from our Inbox. Thanks!

458 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  128 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Find all emails from a sender

I frequently get multiple emails from a sender in one day or daily emails from a sender. In the previous version, I could hover over the first line of an email in the Inbox and a context menu would appear. Then I could select "find" and handle all emails from that sender from the results screen. I don't see how to do that in the beta.

I'll probably have to leave the beta version because I can't do this type of "find".

416 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! This feature is planned and will come to the beta in a future update. We will reply back when it is available.

13. QUIT MARKING EMAIL SPAM AFTER I HAVE SAID THEY ARE NOT SPAM

QUIT PUTTING EMAILS IN SPAM FOLDER AFTER I HAVE SAID THEY ARE NOT SPAM!!!!!

401 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  54 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 options for 'select all' checkbox: Select All in view vs everything

In the old view I can select all, and have it select only the visible messages. With this new beta select all seems to select my entire inbox. I would like both options.

298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Problems with Blocked Senders list and junk mail Filter Options.

1. The Blocked Senders list puts email from Blocked Senders into my Junk Mail folder, rather than into my Deleted Files folder, due to the differing and changing subdomains that the spammers use.

2. Outlook does not allow wildcard (*) to block all subdomains from each email domain.

3. The filter options to block all subdomains from each domain don't work.

4. How do I block all email with address in the PATTERN of a@a.b.c? Notice that a@a.b.c is a PATTERN, not an email address. An example of a particular spammer's address is holdon@holdon.luxuryzero.com which is in the PATTERN of a@a.b.c (format).

Please…

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  46 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Marked "Not Junk" email in junk folder

When I mark emails in my junk folder as not junk, Outlook should remember this, and not keep putting the next emails from this sender in the junk folder

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

286 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reply using correct "from" address when hitting reply, reply all, forward etc.

In the beta, when you reply to a message, it sends the message reply back to the recipient using the primary alias as the "from" address. The non-beta version 'remembers' which address the person sent the message to, and sets that as the "from" address in the reply. This behaviour is essential for ease of email management when multiple "from" addresses are available. Also, it should be a lot easier to always see whop you're sending an email "from" when you're replying/forwarding etc.

I can see that there is a setting for "always show from" in the beta settings but…

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mark as phishing

There is no option to mark something as phishing. You can only mark something as "unwanted" (translated from Danish). Even clicking on this is not removing the mail from the inbox folder.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

221 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop thanking us for reporting phishing scams every time we report 1. After being told that reporting phishing scams helps once, we get it.

Stop thanking us for reporting phishing scams every time we report one. After being told that reporting phishing scams is helpful the first time, we get it. Needing to close that pop up every single time is I report a phishing scam is highly annoying.

215 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set email reminders on events

Please restore email reminder functionality to calendar! I rely on this to keep track of my schedule and I'm now using Google calendar because I can't get this Outlook.com beta to send me email reminders.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 305 306
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base