OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am not able to check my contact list alphabetically while sending email by clicking on new email .

I am not able to check my contact list alphabetically while sending email by clicking on new email .

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

220 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of yesterday, the Contact Picker dialog has been returned to an alphabetical A-Z sort order. As many comments show, lots of Outlook.com users are already seeing the fixed behavior. If you do not observe this in your Outlook Web session, you will need to refresh your browser (or maybe even clear your cache).

Again, the sort order not being alphabetical A-Z was always a bug and was never by design.

You may be interested to know the next item on our plan for the Contact Picker: Soon, there will be a way to type letters and by so doing filter the list down to matching entries. This means you shouldn’t need to scroll over and over, in the future.

Thanks for your continued support.

2. Mutiple attachments at once, misses out the last one

When I attach multiple files in a single e-mail, very often, the last one fails to get attached, even though it shows up as attached when i'm on the composing screen.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3. BLOCK/STOP ALL ADS

BLOCK ALL ADS
    I WOULD RATHER LOOK AT THIS THAN ANY ADS
    STOP THE AD HARRASSMENT

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Get started" new box under emails

I have this new "get started" section at the foot of my inbox and I cant delete it even though all the boxes are ticked. What is happening?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BLOCK EMAIL ADDRESSES

BLOCK EMAIL ADDRESSES - The option to block junk email addresses used to be on your menu along with Sweep, Move to and Delete. An update you made 1-2 years ago removed this, making it MORE cumbersome to block bogus email addresses. Now I have to (1) select one or more email addresses, (2) right-click, (3) then select Block. Please restore this to the menu bar.

631 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback! You can currently do this from the menu bar. When you’ve opened an email (or selected multiple), click the “Junk” dropdown button in the command bar. You can find this button below the search bar, next to the “Delete” and “Archive” buttons. Then select “Block” from the menu that appears below the “Junk” button.

Colin

6. Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SPAM!

The amount of annoying pop ups trying to push new "features" feels very untrustworthy. Mail services should not be confused with social interactive sites.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  70 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

220 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Put the "Today" and "Yesterday" sections back

You need to put "Today" and "Yesterday" and "This month" back to where we can see it in the emails. Why did you change it? I scroll right past it because it looks like an email. Just put it back the way it was. This makes NO deliniation between yesterdays emails and today's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Folders disappearing

The folders list has evidently been 'enlarged' to the point that 'conversation history', personal folders like 'temp' and the 'new folder' tab all at the bottom of the folders list are now non-viewable...can you IT people not come up with a better solution to whatever it is that you're trying to do?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Icons Not Updated

Product Icons not updated on the app menu on outlook (square dots in the top left)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Previewing attachments

New way of previewing attachments doesn't display them properly, half the page is off the screen.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New 2FA Option

please consider using the projecthydro.org 2FA protocol RAINDROP instead of google as google has abandoned their 2FA and it is not as user friendly, hydro's is more secure, is currently supported and uses new technology. Please at least give us the option to keep our accounts this safe.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Flag emails

It would be nice to be able to "flag" emails, please. Such as tasks in desktop Outlook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

16. need help recovering an attached document sent via email awhile ago

need help recovering an attached document sent via email awhile ago

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Outlook name not showing properly

One of my friends started outlook today with his Gmail email address. When he presses on his photo on the top right in outlook web, it shows his new bizarre looking outlook address. He also cannot see his name. All what outlook shows is that outlook email address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. HELP ME

contact microsoft. i can not get into my account from my iphone. now suddenly it asked for a code each time i log in

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Cannot Empty Other

Cannot empty Other without checking each email individually. What is going on??

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you look to the left of the Focused/Other buttons, there is a gray circle with the check inside. If you click that button, you will select all messages in Other. Then you can use the Delete button in the triage bar (above the Focused/Other buttons) to delete all, or move all, etc.

Hope this helps!

Colin

20. Bulk delete of subscriptions

unsubscribing from subscriptions. It would be good to have the ability to unsubscribe from multiple subscriptions, especially when they were added through a junk email. Also, removing any subscription automatically that is linked to a junk email would be great.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback!

You can already do this! Open the settings page by clicking on the gear in the header. Then search “subscriptions” in the settings pane search bar. Then click on “Subscriptions”, and it will show you a list of all the senders who you have a subscription to. (Please note: Microsoft does NOT sign you up for any of these subscriptions. We are just showing you which subscriptions you’ve been added to already, usually because you gave your email to a site online).

You can then unsubscribe from any of those emails using the subscriptions manager!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base