OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot open e-mail with doubleclick...

Cannot open e-mail with doubleclick in the main section.. how come?!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

I did want to let you know that we did add back the support to open a message in another window. Just double click like you did in the old experience.

Hope this helps! Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks

David Los

2. Not working at all. Showing your message can not display check your internet connection and try again

Not working at all. Showing your message can not display check your internet connection and try again

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I first off want to take a moment and thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing such valuable feedback!

I would also like to apologize for any issues that you have had when trying to open up your email messages. We have been monitoring and working hard to improve the reliability of this core area.

We identified a bug which caused some messages to fail to load.

Please feel free to report back any issues or any additional feedback you may have.

And again, THANK YOU very much for all of the great feedback.

3. Attach an email to another

In Outlook mail we can attach all kind of documents and pictures from the computer or Onedrive (or other clouds). But something is missing : it could be really great if we could attach another email from Outlook mail !
    What do you think about ?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calendar notifications not visible

Hello,
    I like the new look, however in this beta version I don't receive reminders or calendar notifications (the pop-up window does not appear on the screen anymore). And in the top right corner the Notifications / Skype buttons are no longer there.

Thank you

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hate the beta

i really hate
    the new update
    hate hate hate
    the new update
    it not even great
    the new update
    reasons why i hate?
    why i can think of 8
    so change it back mate
    to the old update

(BTW the only good thing is colours)

1,059 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

178 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

6. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't create new emails anymore?

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't seem to write a new mail anymore? The button disappeared.

I just want to compose a letter...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing your feedback on the Outlook.com beta.

In the Outlook.com beta, we moved the button to create a new email a little to the left (or right, if you’re using an RTL language). Look near the top of the Folder Pane! This was done in response to feedback we gathered in the non-beta Outlook.com experience.

We hope that you continue giving us your feedback, and enjoy the Outlook.com beta!

8. Photo Hub find related email

When I browse picture in the photo hub https://outlook.live.com/mail/photohub.aspx, I can't open the email related to the selected picture.

Please allow opening the related email directly from the selected picture

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! I’m happy to say that you should be able to open the related email now.

There are two ways to get there:
    1. Before selecting a photo, hover over it. Click on the email icon that appears.
    OR 2. Click on a photo and see it in the previewer. Click on the “Show email” button near the top left.

9. Include an 'archive' quick action

One of the "quick actions" that appears when hovering over a message in the message list should be "archive."

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – First off, I want to again thank you for providing the feedback. I did want to update you and let you know that you can now add Archive to your quick actions when you hover.

To do this follow these simple steps

1) Click the Gear at the top right
    2) This loads the Quick Settings Pane, scroll to the bottom and Select View Outlook Options
    3) In this options dialog look at Customize Actions.
    4) You can now select what actions you want. You will notice that Archive is also listed.

Hope this helps! Please keep the feedback coming.

David Los

10. please do not make the mail experience like your internet browser experience

you just have to copy gmail to be better, you dont have to make outlook, live, hotmail worse than it already is, the other folder sends too many emails to that folder, it is very annoying, and that automatic window to see the emails while still seeing the list of emails on one side??? what the ****??? my computer gets frozen everytime because all those unnecessary things are too heavy and useless,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Suggestion for @name not work (@mention)

When I type @ followed by name from adress book then happen nothing (stay still in plain text)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

12. Block Sender Email Address Confirmation

when you click on block to block a sender, display the email address it's blocking and a yes/no option to confirm. this is on the existing

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need to be able to add new folders

Can't seem to add a new folder in "Folders" but can still do a sub folder. I don't want to do this, please allow this function to come back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using the Outlook.com beta! I’m pleased to inform that creating a new folder is something you can already do.

Find the Folder Pane. Near the bottom there should be an item called New folder. Click that and give your new folder a name! :)

14. Enable sorting by sender, dates, subject, etc. in the filter dropdown

The filter tab in the earlier version allowed to sort by sender / subject etc. Please enable that

4,852 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

283 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

December 2017: Thanks for your patience and continued use of the Outlook.com beta! We roll out new improvements every week, and are elated to announce that a recent update opened up this feature to you! You now can sort your message list by Receive Time (default), Sender Name, and Message Size.

We will continue to make other improvements to the Outlook.com beta experience; thanks for your support!

15. Restore email address to message header

The sender's email address has been removed from the header so that only the display name is disclosed. I know I can click on the display name but that is work.

It also opens the door for spoofing if an attacker includes an email address in his display name though I have not tried to see if there is a mitigation in place.

718 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Don't auto load first message

Provide an option to not select an email by default during the initial load. Wait until a message is clicked on. I don't like to load spam etc... if it did not end up in the correct folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I never had intrusive audio ads before the beta. Ads are fine, AUDIO is not. Blasting commercials are a huge annoyance.

Don't allow audio without permission. Ever. For anything. NO sound effects either. No springing audio from emojis and such. None.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thanks again for using outlook.com and reporting your feedback on ads! As Lynn mentioned before, we do not allow ads with audio. We have been making sure that this does not happen going forward.

Please let us know if you have any other problems with ads going forward.

Thanks!

18. Make it easier to reply from different aliases

It's possible to enter full reply mode (instead of using quick reply, "add a message") and then show all options for aliases to reply from, but it's cumbersome.

Please make the different aliases associated with my account more accessible to me from the quick reply and the full reply modes.

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Summary page/Highlight order/delivery details

Outlook had a feature where it would pull out key information like delivery dates, package details etc (much like the flight details previously mentioned) This feature was great for quickly what you had going on and include them into the calendar automatically.

Also, perhaps create a summary page that pulls out all details like these on to a single visual page, alongside and due tasks and events for the next 7 days.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please bring back Delete All to Other Inbox

It was easier to "Delete All" messages from "Other Inbox" in previous version. Now, select all has to be checked, delete has to be pressed, pop up asks if we're sure, then we can delete. Too many steps added.

536 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for providing such great feedback. As well as thank you for using outlook.com.

I wanted to let you know that there is indeed an easy way to delete all items from the “Other” inbox. To do this, do the following

1) Click On the Other Inbox icon at the top of the message list.
    2) Click the little circle that is to the left of Focused. This will select all items in Other.
    3) Click Delete at the top or in the reading pane to the right.

Hope this helps!

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base