OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I tryed the Outlook.com beta today. I unable to find a way to print a sent message.

Where is the Print button? I was trying to print a Sent message but I could not find a way to print it.

Not very intuitive if you can't find a print button in 10 minutes.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – First off thank you very much for all of the wonderful feedback on the Sender Photos / Initials (color bubbles next to email).

I did want to let you know that we have made some design updates that hope that they address some of the concerns. Also I wanted to let you know that you are able to disable them if you do not like them.

To do this Click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. And from the pane, select Sender Image to disabled.

Hope this helps!

David Los

3. My waffle is missing some tiles (i.e. Power BI)

My waffle is missing some tiles (i.e. Power BI)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was a bug for a few hours which exposed the Outlook.com beta as an option for O365 users. This is now turned off. The beta is not yet ready for O365.

4. 399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We really appreciate this usability feedback. The reply/reply-all/forward options are there under a menu in the upper right corner of an email, but we understand they are not discoverable enough for you and we are considering several solutions. We will reply when we have an update.

Update August 17: We are working on making the individual buttons readily available.

Update August 18: We have fixed this. Please don’t stop giving us your feedback on the Outlook.com beta!

5. There are no up and down arrows to move to the previous or next message.

Add back the Up and Down arrows so you can quickly toggle through the emails w/o opening them..

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We support this in the beta in the view with the reading pane off which you can access by clicking on settings. We are currently not planning on adding it to the view with the reading pane on, because the up/down arrow keys work on the message list in the same way. We will continue to monitor this feedback.

6. Make it easier to make Safe Sender

In older versions of Hotmail, it was very easy to mark a sender in junk to be on the white list. Now it is extremely involved to mark a sender as safe. What little functionality there is for this just does 1 mail not the actual sender. Additionally, the fancy new addons with java script make it more difficult to get the email address of the sender you want to mark as safe making a messy workflow even more cumbersome. Outlook has some best filters of any email service but this functionality has gone from bad to worse over the…

443 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now add senders to your safe sender list by clicking into an email, then click the “…” menu located at the top right of the email, and selecting “Add to Safe senders”.

You can also view and add multiple senders to your Safe senders list at a time by going to Settings → Mail → Junk email → Safe senders and domains → Add.

7. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

8. BCC Line Not Showing in Sent Items

When sending a BCC and viewing the sent items the BCC line does not show. Displaying the full header, including BCC, for the sender is essential.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you VERY much for using outlook.com and for providing such valuable feedback. I did want to quickly respond to let you know that we have added the ability to see BCC in your sent folder.

It is collapsed down by default. So when you click on an email that had BCC click on the little chevrons (down arrowhead) and it will expand and show all of the emails. It will show TO CC and BCC.

Hope this helps

David Los

9. Turn off pop-up GIFs and emojis

Thanks for sending the beta version out. I'm not a fan of the pop-up GIFs and emojis. Is there a way to turn this off in the settings?

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I just wanted to let you know that you can actually disable all of the Joyful Animations. To do so follow these steps

1) Click on the Gear in the top right hand corner
    2) Click View All Outlook Settings at the bottom of the quick setting pane
    3) Select Compose and Reply
    4) Look for Joyful Animations. From here you can disable them if you want.

Hope this helps!

David Los

10. Block email in Junk folder

I like the look of the new beta so far but have found I can no longer block emails in my junk folder and that is an important feature to me. Please add back the ability to block senders in my junk folder.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

You can block a user by selecting a message(s) and then:
    - In the junk folder by clicking “Not spam” → “Block” in the top menu bar
    - In any folder by right-clicking → “Block”
    - On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Block sender”

11. Where did my Add-Ins go?

Switched to the beta and my add-ins were gone. Didn't like that, so I switched back.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – First off thanks for using Outlook.com and for providing all of this wonderful feedback.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the new Outlook.com Client experience does indeed have Add-ins back.

Hope this helps out! Please keep the feedback coming. We truly do read it all and prioritize our work based on it!

David Los

12. Bring back Sweep

Sweep is one of the best and most useful features of Outlook, and it seems to have been completely removed from the Beta... PLEASE bring it back!

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com Beta! We’re happy to say ‘Sweep’ does exist; select any number of messages and click the ‘Sweep’ button on the top bar (below Search). You then have various options to sweep your selected emails!

13. All the Links like Mail, One Drive etc... should open new windows or tabs

Whenever I am accessing other features like Mail, One Drive etc... same is opening in same tab but ideally it should redirect the new option into new tab.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. i need the ability to delete multiple messages at once. i could not in the beta.

i need the ability to delete multiple messages at once. i could not in the beta.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ability to search multiple calendars simultaneously

Users have the option to create multiple calendars and share calendars with other users. All calendars can be displayed, but the search feature only searches one calendar at a time.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Templates

I couldn't find templates when composing my emails. I send a number of long but generic responses and previously I was able to use templates so that only specific details needed to be added. Is this function still present or has it been removed?

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – First off I just wanted to again thank you all for the wonderful feedback, and for using Outlook.com

I happy to let you know that we now have support for the MyTemplates add-in in the new Outlook.com experience.

When you are composing an email, click on the chevron that is on the right of the Send /Cancel button bar (at the bottom of the compose window).

Clicking that you will see the MyTemplates button.

Hope this helps. Please keep the great feedback coming.

David Los

17. Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We will be updating the beta to improve based on feedback regularly. When we bring the features to the regular Outlook.com, we will only bring the best and most popular ones.

18. It's downloading the attachments right away. Unlike before, we can either view or download it.

I like to old style that it will let us view the attachment instead of downloading it right away.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

19. Only one of the Attachment buttons work and the attachment itself won't load. It looks good otherwise, keep it up!

Only one of the Attachment buttons work and the attachment itself won't load. It looks good otherwise!

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow option to collapse folder pane to enlarge message view

Having the folder pane (list of inbox, archive, etc) always viewable makes the other two panes too narrow (message list and reading pane)...allow the option to collapse the folder pane so we can enlarge the other two panes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base