OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block email in Junk folder

I like the look of the new beta so far but have found I can no longer block emails in my junk folder and that is an important feature to me. Please add back the ability to block senders in my junk folder.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

You can block a user by selecting a message(s) and then:
    - In the junk folder by clicking “Not spam” → “Block” in the top menu bar
    - In any folder by right-clicking → “Block”
    - On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Block sender”

2. Where did my Add-Ins go?

Switched to the beta and my add-ins were gone. Didn't like that, so I switched back.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – First off thanks for using Outlook.com and for providing all of this wonderful feedback.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the new Outlook.com Client experience does indeed have Add-ins back.

Hope this helps out! Please keep the feedback coming. We truly do read it all and prioritize our work based on it!

David Los

3. Bring back Sweep

Sweep is one of the best and most useful features of Outlook, and it seems to have been completely removed from the Beta... PLEASE bring it back!

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com Beta! We’re happy to say ‘Sweep’ does exist; select any number of messages and click the ‘Sweep’ button on the top bar (below Search). You then have various options to sweep your selected emails!

4. All the Links like Mail, One Drive etc... should open new windows or tabs

Whenever I am accessing other features like Mail, One Drive etc... same is opening in same tab but ideally it should redirect the new option into new tab.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. i need the ability to delete multiple messages at once. i could not in the beta.

i need the ability to delete multiple messages at once. i could not in the beta.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to search multiple calendars simultaneously

Users have the option to create multiple calendars and share calendars with other users. All calendars can be displayed, but the search feature only searches one calendar at a time.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Templates

I couldn't find templates when composing my emails. I send a number of long but generic responses and previously I was able to use templates so that only specific details needed to be added. Is this function still present or has it been removed?

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – First off I just wanted to again thank you all for the wonderful feedback, and for using Outlook.com

I happy to let you know that we now have support for the MyTemplates add-in in the new Outlook.com experience.

When you are composing an email, click on the chevron that is on the right of the Send /Cancel button bar (at the bottom of the compose window).

Clicking that you will see the MyTemplates button.

Hope this helps. Please keep the great feedback coming.

David Los

8. Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We will be updating the beta to improve based on feedback regularly. When we bring the features to the regular Outlook.com, we will only bring the best and most popular ones.

9. It's downloading the attachments right away. Unlike before, we can either view or download it.

I like to old style that it will let us view the attachment instead of downloading it right away.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

10. Only one of the Attachment buttons work and the attachment itself won't load. It looks good otherwise, keep it up!

Only one of the Attachment buttons work and the attachment itself won't load. It looks good otherwise!

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow option to collapse folder pane to enlarge message view

Having the folder pane (list of inbox, archive, etc) always viewable makes the other two panes too narrow (message list and reading pane)...allow the option to collapse the folder pane so we can enlarge the other two panes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Categories a search refinement criteria in the search UI

I find it frustrating that it is currently difficult to search by categories in Outlook online. The only way to do it is to type 'category:categoryName' in the Search box. Moreover you must remember the exact name of the category you want to search on.
    So please add Categories to the search refinement criteria alongside Folder, From, Date in the search refinement criteria UI; don't force me to remember all my categories by heart!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I just wanted to update everyone. You are now able to search for categories in a few different ways.

1) You can just type the category name into the search box at the top and it will do a category search.

2) If you have a message that has the category applied, just click on it and it will search.

For bonus, you can add the category search as a favorite and it will add it to your favorite folders on the left. one click to easily get all of the messages with that category.

Hope this helps!

14. Stop greying out the rest of the website until I click "not now" every time I log in or refresh the site.

I understand that this is necessary the first time to draw user's attention to the existence of the beta. Each subsequent time though it's just distracting as it takes a few seconds to realise why me e-mail "isn't working". Could it not be set to only do this once or twice per account?

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! It appears you ran into some issues with our “Try the beta” callout. You’re right, it’s not designed to show up every time you log in or refresh the site.

We found a code bug that only appeared after we expanded the beta participation ring. The fix will be live soon.

Update August 18: This has been fixed. Sorry for the annoyance! You should not see it every time you log in — we know better than that. ;)

15. Cannot open e-mail with doubleclick...

Cannot open e-mail with doubleclick in the main section.. how come?!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

I did want to let you know that we did add back the support to open a message in another window. Just double click like you did in the old experience.

Hope this helps! Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks

David Los

16. Not working at all. Showing your message can not display check your internet connection and try again

Not working at all. Showing your message can not display check your internet connection and try again

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I first off want to take a moment and thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing such valuable feedback!

I would also like to apologize for any issues that you have had when trying to open up your email messages. We have been monitoring and working hard to improve the reliability of this core area.

We identified a bug which caused some messages to fail to load.

Please feel free to report back any issues or any additional feedback you may have.

And again, THANK YOU very much for all of the great feedback.

17. Attach an email to another

In Outlook mail we can attach all kind of documents and pictures from the computer or Onedrive (or other clouds). But something is missing : it could be really great if we could attach another email from Outlook mail !
    What do you think about ?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Calendar notifications not visible

Hello,
    I like the new look, however in this beta version I don't receive reminders or calendar notifications (the pop-up window does not appear on the screen anymore). And in the top right corner the Notifications / Skype buttons are no longer there.

Thank you

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hate the beta

i really hate
    the new update
    hate hate hate
    the new update
    it not even great
    the new update
    reasons why i hate?
    why i can think of 8
    so change it back mate
    to the old update

(BTW the only good thing is colours)

1,059 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

178 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

20. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base