OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email reminders in Beta are not visible

Thank you for finally putting email reminders into the Beta version of Calendar :-) However, unfortunately the Beta version it doesn't allow me to see the existing email reminders - there is a blue hyperlink, but nothing happens when I click on it. When I go from Beta back to Original calendar, I can see and edit the email reminders.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot use hotmail account since Microsort too over.

Since outlook took over my Hotmail account, it changed my email to my other account and I have not been able to send or receive e-mails to my Hotmail account. There doesn't seem anywhere that I can read the Hotmail account to outlook. Trust Microsoft to stuff things up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

I am getting A TON of really inappropriate and obviously spam e-mails. Whatever MSN and Hotmail are currently doing to ensure these do not come to our mailboxes (ANY folder, including JUNK - I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS!) is not working. Can I PLEASE speak to someone about this problem. It's been increasing over the last year and I'm really tired of it. It's not appropriate and these are very clearly not "real" e-mails. I do not have time in the day to block individually. PLEASE contact me about this problem. I'm…

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

409 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to report your issues with our spam filters, as well as for using Outlook.com.

I just wanted to let you all know that as of this morning we have made some changes to our spam filters. This should help reduce some of the levels of spam you may have been experiencing.

Thanks

David Los

4. full mailbox

My mail is full and I can't manage it. I need to delete mails every day manually. How can I do other ways ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

5. Was good, is this a product of change?

Lost an item from my "inbox" no indication as to where it has gone, was important to me...watched it vanish, this is good???????

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Old Colors that pop out to you

All-Day events no longer pop out with the highlighted colors - those are my monthly reminders and recurring dates that NEED to stand out to me. If anything, the day-to-day appointments and schedule COULD be unhighlighted.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

8. Why is blocking spam made difficult?

It's almost impossible to manage spam and unwanted mail unless you are willing to spend a good deal of time searching around the programme and asking for help. No support in particular for blocking domain. Why? It should be made easy unless MS benefits from spammers activities?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! You can right click on an email and “Mark as Junk” to mark an item as spam.

If you think an email is a phishing attack, you can open the email and click on the … next to the reply actions in the top right corner. There, you can click “Mark as Phishing”.

Hope this helps!

Colin

9. Multiple duplicate nested folders

I have multiple duplicate nested folders and don't know how to undo that.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

10. Help

Please permanently block

sharedentco.com

I get dozens of junk mail from that address every day.

Thanks.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Keep it simple. Question: How do I delete a contact from my list who died?

How do I edit my group and contact list? I need to remove a contact who died.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Help

Unable to Connect to MSN

Gentlemen, I am having an issue with my default email account, xxxxxx@msn.com. Up until yesterday, I was able to send and receive mail through the msn account on my IOS system (safari). Now I get a "Cannot connect to account MSN. Unable to verify username or password.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. complain

someone send mail me your account will block in 48 hours

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. trackingupdates@fedex.com

trackingupdates@fedex.com should not be marked as Junk Email

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. the new email system isn't working.

Nothing works on the new email format you gave me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Title

Title: I wanted security information - nothing comes up

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Problems syncing a Salesforce account with Outlook/Office

I am working with a very competent 15-year old company and they and I are having terrible trouble in hooking me up to a "Salesforce" account under Microsoft Office! Has anyone out there experienced similar problems?... Do I HAVE to have a paid "Office account"? I'm sad to say, this seems so 1990's!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Can't change password

I haven't been able to update my password for 3 days. It keeps saying "the service is temporarily unavailable."

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. old emails in MSN in my phone disappears. please contact me xxxxxxx

old emails in MSN in my phone disappears. please contact me xxxxxxx

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base