OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

Trying to bring in AOL to Outlook. How do you do it?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Want Classic Back too!

The colors on Classic were dark and distinct. Every entry I made was categorized and I could easily tell an appt, from something related to my daughters school to a simple reminder. Now with Beta the colors are all muted, pastel and on some entries, don't even exist. Why would you change it? It looks weak. At least bring back the vibrant colors option.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

3. Signing in change

How to switch from 2 password signin back to 1

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. Calendar reminder emails cannot be set/edited any longer (since Feb 1st, 2019)

Calendar reminder emails cannot be set/edited any longer (since Feb 1st, 2019)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple Email Reminder

Please add Multiple Email Reminder option while booking an event - this was always there in your old design/format.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, we actually support email reminders in the new version of Outlook!

First, click on the calendar event to open it up. Then you will see a bell that says “Remind me:”. Click on “Remind me:” to open the reminder option menu. In order to add an email reminder, scroll to the bottom of that menu and click on “Add email reminder”, You can then add as many email reminders as you want!

Colin

6. Potential security issue: please respond.

I got a notification that I was locked out of my account, presumably for a security concern. I checked to see if there were any irregular logins and there didn't seem to be. Likewise, I don't see that anyone sent junk/spam mail from my account. Is there anything you can do to help me be sure that the account was not hacked or misused in any way, please?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Mails don't sync anymore

My mailboxen don't sync anymore. I have to delete 100's of mails daily on all devices over and over again. Any help on this?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Why mess around with Calendar?

New calendar can't send email reminders. I use Calendar to send myself email reminders of events. In the new Outlook version you took away the ability to click directly into the email reminder to change the date of the calendar event - which I complained about months ago with no response. Now you have messed it up even more, taking away the option to send myself email reminders of calendar events at all. A pop-up reminder on my lock screen is absolutely useless - I need to receive an email reminder as I have done for years. Why mess around…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FADE COLOURS

PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING WITH THE COLOURS.BRING BACK THE PREVIOUS COLOURS OR MAKE THE NEW A LITTLE MORE DARKER.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

10. why no email reminder option

Bring back email reminders

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. you did not answer my original question

did not receive any help to my query.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,

You can reach Outlook.com support by going to the Help pane (the ? icon in the header) and searching for solutions to your problem. If the solutions provided do not solve your problem, you can click “Yes” to “Still need help?” on the bottom. Then you’ll have the option to contact a support agent.

Colin

12. It says my storage is 95% full, but doesn't say what to do about it.

This is no help at all. What am I supposed to do?? It says my storage is 95% full, but doesn't say what to do about it.
    What category is THAT? What do you mean I have to select a category?? Is is Mail, General, Chat, ????

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. your help is useless

the code to verify is never accepted

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. Need your help

how can I send email to your microsoft account team?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. colors suck

brighter colors on bata now that we are forced onto it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16. Safelinks isn't working

I can't click any link in any e-mail on any device.
    Service Unavailable
    HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thank you for reporting the issues you have been having with safelinks. There was a bug that did impact the safelinks for a short period of time. This has since been resolved and everything should be operating normally.

If you are seeing anything else, please feel free to reach back out!

Thanks

David Los

17. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Account Verification: I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Return old mail HELP

Hi. I changed my email from XXXXX@hotmail.com on XXXXX@outlook, but forgot to untie amazon, how to return back that mail?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. Can't verify!

I can't verify my account. For some reason yesterday it told me I had tried too many times, and try tomorrow. Today it says try tomorrow. Please help.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base