OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Safelinks isn't working

I can't click any link in any e-mail on any device.
    Service Unavailable
    HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thank you for reporting the issues you have been having with safelinks. There was a bug that did impact the safelinks for a short period of time. This has since been resolved and everything should be operating normally.

If you are seeing anything else, please feel free to reach back out!

Thanks

David Los

2. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. Account Verification: I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Return old mail HELP

Hi. I changed my email from XXXXX@hotmail.com on XXXXX@outlook, but forgot to untie amazon, how to return back that mail?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

5. Can't verify!

I can't verify my account. For some reason yesterday it told me I had tried too many times, and try tomorrow. Today it says try tomorrow. Please help.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. something goes wrong

Dear Authorized,

I have one more e-mail address which is ogun_jo@hotmail.com. However I can not reach this address because this website claims that this e-mail address is not exist. How can I reach this e-mail address? Please help.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. outlook.com wants to deactivate my account, jtpmjp@msn. com Lay off!

I har about 50 years experince with software de buggong ,and you guys and gals nee to start over

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook on the web.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

9. My email shows different first and last name to the new users

My name in the Outlook / Hotmail directory is coming with a weird name which I never set anywhere on outlook. My First and Last name doesn't appear anywhere to a new sender. And this is embarrassing. How do I reset it back to my First and Last Name ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. Blacklisted

Why is my email blacklisted? See below:

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: BY2NAM05HT234.mail.protection.outlook.com
    membercenter@opb.org
    server-40.tower-360.messagelabs.com
    Remote Server returned '550 5.0.350 Remote server returned an error -> 553 Sorry, your email address mdlayton@msn.com has been;blacklisted. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at;http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more;information. (#5.7.1)'

Michael Layton
    mdlayton@msn.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Internet calendar not working

Adding an internet calendar used to work perfectly, now it is not syncing.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Links to onedrive

my email is no longer linked to my onedirve so I cannot send attachments, please help

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. The colours to choose are so ugly and not enough of them anyway.

The colours to choose are so ugly and not enough of them anyway.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

15. i deleted important folder its name vip by mistake how can i restore it

i deleted important folder its name vip by mistake
    how can i restore it

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

17. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

18. I share a calendar across the family for each member, and I want to be able to put calendar entries on their calendar

I would like to create calendar entries on my kids calendars (like I can now with the old interface). I'm using Edge on Win 10, and I do not see a 'calendar' selection. This is required for me to use this calendar … please add this back!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

19. recover deleted emails

help me recover deleted mails

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. all my inbox mail is going to my deleated how can you fix that

all my inbox mail is going to my deleated how can you fix that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base