OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Why have you let this email system out with no way back for users? Reverse this, it is not ready for public use.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com, and for providing feedback! We are in the process of starting to migrate over to the new experience. However, we are watching all feedback and addressing it as fast as possible.

Can you please let us know what areas are making you feel we aren’t ready for prime time.

thanks!

2. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Grouping all of these emails together is terrible. I can't organize my responses. I'm a baseball coach, and it is lumping emails in my Inbox and those I've sorted to my Coach folder together, and I can't keep track like I used to. Change this back now!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out, and thanks for using outlook.com!

I think the setting you are wanting to disable is called conversation view. To do this follow these steps.

1) Login to your account
    2) Click on the gear on the top right
    3) This will open the quick settings panel. From here you can disable conversation view, as well as things like the reading pane, sender photos (initial bubbles)

hope this helps!

3. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

In regards to emails with multiple recipients, it would be nice if the all the previous messages aren't mixed with newest email like they are now. The old view was easier and emails don't get shuffled under the latest message and we have search for an email for a specific recipient.

How do I change my inbox my the old view where I see every email from the recipient(s) in its own line item, versus the current way where I have to expand and look for the recipient I am looking for? This happens on e-mails where others are cc'd…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – Thanks for the great feedback. It sounds like the view you would like is the no conversation view. You can disable it by doing the following

1) Login to your email
    2) In the top right you can click the gear menu
    3) This will open the Quick Settings Pane. If you disable conversation view it should give you the view you described below.

thanks for the feedback

4. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I don't want all the emails associated from one sender all together, it was better for me to have them individually, I hate this new setup!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, thanks for reaching out and providing feedback! And more importantly thank you for using outlook.com!

What you are describing is Conversation View. If you want to disable that feature, it is pretty easy.

1) Login to the New Experience
    2) Select the Gear at the top right hand corner
    3) This opens up the Quick Settings Page
    4) Disable Conversation View.

This will put you back into the old single message view.

Hope this helps!

David Los

5. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

On outlook.com, I can't highlight text with my mouse when viewing an email OR when replying to an email. I can only select the text by holding down shift and moving my cursor with arrow keys.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback on the new experience!

I just tested this out and am not able to reproduce the issue. Are you still having this problem? If so, please open up a new topic and I will keep an eye out for it.

Thanks

David Los

6. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Print function not working in Outlook.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

7. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

"Recover itesm deleted from this folder" link does not appear in Chrome or Yandex.Browser but does appear in Internet Explorer or Safari on my iPhone when I request Desktop Site in it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience. When you opened up this issue, we actually didn’t have recover deleted items in the new experience.

We have since added it back and can now do it from the new Outlook.com experience.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

8. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Hi there. I'm not feeling the audio ads. They make checking my mail at work a nightmare... thanks guys.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I want to personally apologize for the audio ads! This is totally against our policy and there should never be any auto playing audio ads.

We have followed up with our ad publishers and made sure everything is disabled of this type.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and for using Outlook.com!

9. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

For Outlook beta: enable the sweep function within subfolders

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I am unable to print an email attachment from email.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I want to apologize for any problems this may have caused you! We did have some bugs that were in the print area. We have since fixed these and I just tested printing an attachment.

Everything worked as expected, please give it another try and let us know if you have any problems!

Thanks

David Los

11. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I'm not fan of the reading pane view. I prefer it to be off. Will the new version enable this?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I just wanted to let you know that we did indeed introduce a setting to disable the reading pane, as well as some of the other settings that were in the older experience.

To do this, click on the Gear in the top right. This will load the Quick Settings pane.

From here, set Reading Pane to off.

You may want to disable conversations, attachment previews, and sender photos. It will make it look very similar to the older experience.

Hope this helps!

David Los

12. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I like the new look but what's the point of changing the theme if the mid window is still white and annoyingly bright.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I just wanted to let you know that we actually have a “dark mode” that I think will meet your needs and desires for having a darker experience.

Click on the gear in the top right, and from there enable Dark Mode.

Hope that helps

David Los

13. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I often send emails to a number of addresses, taken from a spreadsheet. It appears that if I copy and paste in the old version, these are recognised by Outlook. However, if I use the new beta version, it just creates a long list, and does not recognise them as emails. If this could be sorted, I would quite like the new version.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Hate the Ad Choice, is there a way to close or stop the adds?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Beta Calendar does not allow me to add an event under any other calendar except "My Calendar", older version I can select the calendar I would like to add it to.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

While I'm sure the new safelinks.protection.outlook.com links are worth it, they also "hide" the original URLs in Outlook.com emails.

Chrome shows URLs at the bottom of the screen when you mouse over a link, so that we can identify what we click on BEFORE we click.

You have now made it much harder to check by escaping the original URL and combining it with safelinks.

The original URL is no longer available at a glance as you now have to perform a mental "unescape" in order to read it.

While safelinks is a step forward in security I'm sure, the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 90 91 92 94 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base