OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Send missing

The Reply All & Forward email is missing

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

146 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

The reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now available on the upper right corner of each email. You can also find reply/reply-all/forward in the command bar near the top of the screen when Conversation view is turned off.

2. Make it easier to make Safe Sender

In older versions of Hotmail, it was very easy to mark a sender in junk to be on the white list. Now it is extremely involved to mark a sender as safe. What little functionality there is for this just does 1 mail not the actual sender. Additionally, the fancy new addons with java script make it more difficult to get the email address of the sender you want to mark as safe making a messy workflow even more cumbersome. Outlook has some best filters of any email service but this functionality has gone from bad to worse over the…

443 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now add senders to your safe sender list by clicking into an email, then click the “…” menu located at the top right of the email, and selecting “Add to Safe senders”.

You can also view and add multiple senders to your Safe senders list at a time by going to Settings → Mail → Junk email → Safe senders and domains → Add.

3. Manage Subscriptions

Manage Subscriptions: Unable to delete many unwanted subscriptions. Some delete easy, some delete after re-routing to webpage (annoying), some won't delete at all (receive error message).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. I don't like it at all.

This is horrible. It takes up the whole screen, I can't run any other pages or work on any other documents. Please go back to the old version before I start missing deadlines and going crazy.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

5. It's to har do block junk mail domains

Since number of same mails from not so serious senders are sent from a number of different domains. i would like to have a button to block the domain directly in the UI. It is quite cumbersome to copy domain and add it to the block domain list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email Reminder Time Frame Too Limited

In the current outlook.com calendar there is an option to remind you of a calendar event at 5-6 different intervals within a hour and day. There is also the option to remind you at 1, 2, 3, days and 1 or 2 weeks. You can set up multiple reminders per calendar entry. For example you can have a reminder for an entry at 30 minutes, 4 hours, 2 days, or 2 weeks before the event. You can use one or all of those reminders.
    Using the beta I created a calendar entry that only gave the option for 5 minutes…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. repeating or recurring events

Not enough flexibility scheduling repeating events. Can't schedule a repeating event every other week. Current Outlook provides excellent flexibility.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. print

It is not possible to print an email. I got 4 white pages out of the printer when I tried to print my Uber invoice. Please take a look at this feature!

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  60 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The layout is not even functional

The layout is not even functional. It's like i have parts of different programs and pages in the same window

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for all of the great feedback. I just wanted to circle back and let you know that we introduced a ton of settings around configuring the layout of the new outlook.com experience.

You can disable a lot of the new options all from the quick settings. For example, you can disable the reading pane, conversation view, sender photos, etc.

Just log into your account, click the gear in the top right, and from the quick settings pane you can do a ton of easy simple config changes.

hope this helps!

11. missing mail

last five months of mail is missing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

12. inbox rules

Inbox rules need more detail like 'çontains' same as what was in the old outlook desktop e.g. I get my Facebook feed sent to email so I can easily work on one device and I want to apply a move rule, I need to apply it to each individual email. I also run 3 Facebook pages so this is alot of redundant effort. If I had contains then I could put a keyword in and run the rule

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, than you for all of the great feedback. I know that this feedback was left a few months ago. However, I did want to let you know that there is a new Rules experience. I believe this new experience will meet your requirements of being able to do more advanced filtering.

Please give it a try and let us know any other feedback you may have!

Here is a direct link to the rules settings
    https://outlook.live.com/mail/options/mail/rules

13. Hotmail account hacked

Hotmail account hacked. I am getting emails from "the developer who hacked your Hotmail account". How can I stop this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. draft folder now SUCKS

Your new beta system SUCKS. In my draft folder it will NOT KEEP NEW messages at top, regardless if I have them FLAGGED, PINNED or MARKED by any means. This beta system SUCKS. When is it going to be fixed???

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. New feedback

I hate what you are doing....leave the emails alone. You are not improving this site.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. Search results do not show what folder a message is in

In the previous version of Outlook, there was a column to show in what folder the message was found. Now it only displays the list of messages. Due to this, there is no way to know if the messages displayed are in Deleted Items, Inbox, Outbox, or custom folders. This is a pretty important feature for keeping emails organized.

The "top results" makes search results more confusing. About 98% of the time I'm seeking a message from a sender and enter that into the search box. I don't need "top results" such as what an internet search performs. Just show…

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When you delete a message it goes back to the inbox instead of next message even though the settings are set to go to next message

When you delete a message it goes back to the inbox instead of next message even though the settings are set to go to next message

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back Sweep

Sweep is one of the best and most useful features of Outlook, and it seems to have been completely removed from the Beta... PLEASE bring it back!

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com Beta! We’re happy to say ‘Sweep’ does exist; select any number of messages and click the ‘Sweep’ button on the top bar (below Search). You then have various options to sweep your selected emails!

19. New feedback

This format is ridiculous - not user friendly

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. cannot find Junk Email options (blocked, safe senders) in "Outlook.com beta"

cannot find Junk Email options (blocked, safe senders) in "Outlook.com beta"

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

You can block a user:
    - In the junk folder by clicking “Not spam” → “Block” in the top menu bar
    - In any folder by right-clicking → “Block”
    - On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Block sender”

You can add a user to your safe senders:
    - On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Add to safe senders”

You can view your list of blocked/safe sender users and domains by going to Settings (Gear icon at top-right) → “View all Outlook settings” → “Mail” → “Junk email”

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base