OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. With the new Beta version I am not abl eto download attachments - please help!

With the new Beta version I am not able to download attachments - please help!

228 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

86 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Hate the page set up. Like the other way better.

Hate the page set up. Like the other way better

135 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re not enjoying your current experience. You can change your layout view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
        2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

You can also further personalize many elements of your view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
        2. View full settings → Mail → Layout

• Missing recover deleted items in beta

I would like it you put the feature back for recover deleted items. I now have to switch out of Beta twice to undelete a message that I deleted by accident

476 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using the Outlook.com beta! We are happy to announce that the “Recover deleted items” feature has now been added.

To access it, please switch to your “Deleted items” folder, and then click “Recover items deleted from this folder” below the Deleted items folder header.

• Why did you change my settings? Messages in reverse order

I clicked on your “Try the beta” ad and all my messages are in reverse order… like, the unread emails are now at the bottom of the conversation. I spent some time in that mode because I didn’t see a way to change it back. Eventually I got used to it and it kinda makes sense now I think about it with everything in chronological order from top to bottom. I wish you asked first though. Not cool, Outlook.com.

Disclaimer: I work for Microsoft.

PS: yeah, I found the way to change the mode in the settings panel. i’m staying…

593 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!

I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!
            those that don't use things, create them. There are things on the main email page that I don't want or need and NO way to get rid of them. You are trying to add more and more ways to 'spy' on everything that everyone does. Class Action anyone?

13 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

• when send a new email and click on "To" the conctacts drop down shows but no contacts are listed

1) When I click on new message and then click on the 'To' a drop down shows up that reads 'my contacts' but when I actually click on the 'contacts' tab I got nothing! No list of contacts no nothing! So unless you have a superb memory and can remember the name of every single person in your contacts list your pretty much sol on the ole short cut of finding them. You have to actually click on the 'people icon' which opens another tab, then scroll through all the names til you find or recognize the one you need.…

50 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow an option to disable Safelinks

The safelinks should be an option. I prefer to hover over the link and determine if it is junk

50 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Please bring back Delete All to Other Inbox

It was easier to "Delete All" messages from "Other Inbox" in previous version. Now, select all has to be checked, delete has to be pressed, pop up asks if we're sure, then we can delete. Too many steps added.

536 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for providing such great feedback. As well as thank you for using outlook.com.

I wanted to let you know that there is indeed an easy way to delete all items from the “Other” inbox. To do this, do the following

1) Click On the Other Inbox icon at the top of the message list.
                    2) Click the little circle that is to the left of Focused. This will select all items in Other.
                    3) Click Delete at the top or in the reading pane to the right.

Hope this helps!

• 399 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We really appreciate this usability feedback. The reply/reply-all/forward options are there under a menu in the upper right corner of an email, but we understand they are not discoverable enough for you and we are considering several solutions. We will reply when we have an update.

Update August 17: We are working on making the individual buttons readily available.

Update August 18: We have fixed this. Please don’t stop giving us your feedback on the Outlook.com beta!

• Calendar sharing

how can I share my calendar?

56 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Still not opening PDF attached to emails.

The only way to see them is to download them to OneDrive's email attachment folder (direct download of attachment don't working either).

440 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Send missing

The Reply All & Forward email is missing

250 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

The reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now available on the upper right corner of each email. You can also find reply/reply-all/forward in the command bar near the top of the screen when Conversation view is turned off.

• I don't like it at all.

This is horrible. It takes up the whole screen, I can't run any other pages or work on any other documents. Please go back to the old version before I start missing deadlines and going crazy.

27 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

• It's to har do block junk mail domains

Since number of same mails from not so serious senders are sent from a number of different domains. i would like to have a button to block the domain directly in the UI. It is quite cumbersome to copy domain and add it to the block domain list.

7 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Email Reminder Time Frame Too Limited

In the current outlook.com calendar there is an option to remind you of a calendar event at 5-6 different intervals within a hour and day. There is also the option to remind you at 1, 2, 3, days and 1 or 2 weeks. You can set up multiple reminders per calendar entry. For example you can have a reminder for an entry at 30 minutes, 4 hours, 2 days, or 2 weeks before the event. You can use one or all of those reminders.
                                Using the beta I created a calendar entry that only gave the option for 5 minutes…

90 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • The layout is not even functional

The layout is not even functional. It's like i have parts of different programs and pages in the same window

102 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for all of the great feedback. I just wanted to circle back and let you know that we introduced a ton of settings around configuring the layout of the new outlook.com experience.

You can disable a lot of the new options all from the quick settings. For example, you can disable the reading pane, conversation view, sender photos, etc.

Just log into your account, click the gear in the top right, and from the quick settings pane you can do a ton of easy simple config changes.

hope this helps!

• missing mail

last five months of mail is missing

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• inbox rules

Inbox rules need more detail like 'çontains' same as what was in the old outlook desktop e.g. I get my Facebook feed sent to email so I can easily work on one device and I want to apply a move rule, I need to apply it to each individual email. I also run 3 Facebook pages so this is alot of redundant effort. If I had contains then I could put a keyword in and run the rule

116 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, than you for all of the great feedback. I know that this feedback was left a few months ago. However, I did want to let you know that there is a new Rules experience. I believe this new experience will meet your requirements of being able to do more advanced filtering.

Please give it a try and let us know any other feedback you may have!

Here is a direct link to the rules settings
                                        https://outlook.live.com/mail/options/mail/rules

• Hotmail account hacked

Hotmail account hacked. I am getting emails from "the developer who hacked your Hotmail account". How can I stop this.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• repeating or recurring events

Not enough flexibility scheduling repeating events. Can't schedule a repeating event every other week. Current Outlook provides excellent flexibility.

50 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base