OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I liked the old hotmail from the late nineties better.

Hotmail keeps getting more non-user friendly with each update. There's no need for Focused and Other folders. The constant pop-ups to announce new mail is annoying. I've also had mail to inadvertently disappear into the Deleted folder while I'm trying to read it. I used to get emails to announce appointments from the Calendar. Now I just get a temporary pop-up that I often miss. Also, I cannot delete old contacts that I no longer wish to have. Please let me have the version from the late nineties when Hotmail was use-friendly.

560 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

2. Account Verification: I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. With the new Beta version I am not abl eto download attachments - please help!

With the new Beta version I am not able to download attachments - please help!

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Hate the page set up. Like the other way better.

Hate the page set up. Like the other way better

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re not enjoying your current experience. You can change your layout view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

You can also further personalize many elements of your view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. View full settings → Mail → Layout

7. Missing recover deleted items in beta

I would like it you put the feature back for recover deleted items. I now have to switch out of Beta twice to undelete a message that I deleted by accident

476 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using the Outlook.com beta! We are happy to announce that the “Recover deleted items” feature has now been added.

To access it, please switch to your “Deleted items” folder, and then click “Recover items deleted from this folder” below the Deleted items folder header.

8. Why did you change my settings? Messages in reverse order

I clicked on your “Try the beta” ad and all my messages are in reverse order… like, the unread emails are now at the bottom of the conversation. I spent some time in that mode because I didn’t see a way to change it back. Eventually I got used to it and it kinda makes sense now I think about it with everything in chronological order from top to bottom. I wish you asked first though. Not cool, Outlook.com.

Disclaimer: I work for Microsoft.

PS: yeah, I found the way to change the mode in the settings panel. i’m staying…

593 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!

I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!
    those that don't use things, create them. There are things on the main email page that I don't want or need and NO way to get rid of them. You are trying to add more and more ways to 'spy' on everything that everyone does. Class Action anyone?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

10. when send a new email and click on "To" the conctacts drop down shows but no contacts are listed

1) When I click on new message and then click on the 'To' a drop down shows up that reads 'my contacts' but when I actually click on the 'contacts' tab I got nothing! No list of contacts no nothing! So unless you have a superb memory and can remember the name of every single person in your contacts list your pretty much sol on the ole short cut of finding them. You have to actually click on the 'people icon' which opens another tab, then scroll through all the names til you find or recognize the one you need.…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow an option to disable Safelinks

The safelinks should be an option. I prefer to hover over the link and determine if it is junk

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please bring back Delete All to Other Inbox

It was easier to "Delete All" messages from "Other Inbox" in previous version. Now, select all has to be checked, delete has to be pressed, pop up asks if we're sure, then we can delete. Too many steps added.

537 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for providing such great feedback. As well as thank you for using outlook.com.

I wanted to let you know that there is indeed an easy way to delete all items from the “Other” inbox. To do this, do the following

1) Click On the Other Inbox icon at the top of the message list.
    2) Click the little circle that is to the left of Focused. This will select all items in Other.
    3) Click Delete at the top or in the reading pane to the right.

Hope this helps!

13. 399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We really appreciate this usability feedback. The reply/reply-all/forward options are there under a menu in the upper right corner of an email, but we understand they are not discoverable enough for you and we are considering several solutions. We will reply when we have an update.

Update August 17: We are working on making the individual buttons readily available.

Update August 18: We have fixed this. Please don’t stop giving us your feedback on the Outlook.com beta!

14. Calendar sharing

how can I share my calendar?

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Still not opening PDF attached to emails.

The only way to see them is to download them to OneDrive's email attachment folder (direct download of attachment don't working either).

440 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Send missing

The Reply All & Forward email is missing

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

The reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now available on the upper right corner of each email. You can also find reply/reply-all/forward in the command bar near the top of the screen when Conversation view is turned off.

17. Make it easier to make Safe Sender

In older versions of Hotmail, it was very easy to mark a sender in junk to be on the white list. Now it is extremely involved to mark a sender as safe. What little functionality there is for this just does 1 mail not the actual sender. Additionally, the fancy new addons with java script make it more difficult to get the email address of the sender you want to mark as safe making a messy workflow even more cumbersome. Outlook has some best filters of any email service but this functionality has gone from bad to worse over the…

443 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now add senders to your safe sender list by clicking into an email, then click the “…” menu located at the top right of the email, and selecting “Add to Safe senders”.

You can also view and add multiple senders to your Safe senders list at a time by going to Settings → Mail → Junk email → Safe senders and domains → Add.

18. I don't like it at all.

This is horrible. It takes up the whole screen, I can't run any other pages or work on any other documents. Please go back to the old version before I start missing deadlines and going crazy.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

19. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It's to har do block junk mail domains

Since number of same mails from not so serious senders are sent from a number of different domains. i would like to have a button to block the domain directly in the UI. It is quite cumbersome to copy domain and add it to the block domain list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base