OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hard to tell between read and unread messages

I liked some of the ideas being used in beta, but I hate the new layout! I found it far less readable. It was more difficult to differentiate between read and unread messages quickly. I'd love the option to change the layout to what I prefer. It was enough to make me opt out.

2,683 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  257 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where has the "Move all email from" option gone?

Where has the "Move all email from" option gone? It is no longer available under the "Move to" drop-down menu. I used to be able to open an email message, choose "Move to", then choose "Move all email from", it would auto-fill the sender from the selected message, then I would select a folder, and it would sweep my inbox and move all emails from that sender to a folder. I no longer see that option. The "Sweep" option only gives an option to delete. Very frustrating!

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why no email reminder option

Bring back email reminders

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to turn off the sender photos and color icons in the message list

Allow users to turn off the sender photos in the message list (the middle column of the three). It's overly busy for my tastes.

(Full disclosure, I'm a Microsoft employee)

2,640 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

251 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback!
    To turn these off do the following:
    1) Click on the Gear in the upper right hand corner
    2) In the Quick Settings Pane that opened look for Sender Photos
    3) You can enable or disable the Sender photos right there.
    Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

5. you did not answer my original question

did not receive any help to my query.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,

You can reach Outlook.com support by going to the Help pane (the ? icon in the header) and searching for solutions to your problem. If the solutions provided do not solve your problem, you can click “Yes” to “Still need help?” on the bottom. Then you’ll have the option to contact a support agent.

Colin

6. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email reminders in Beta are not visible

Thank you for finally putting email reminders into the Beta version of Calendar :-) However, unfortunately the Beta version it doesn't allow me to see the existing email reminders - there is a blue hyperlink, but nothing happens when I click on it. When I go from Beta back to Original calendar, I can see and edit the email reminders.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Go back to old hotmail version - NO outlook

I dont like neither of the Outlook templates, the beta or the actual version. I use to love my hotmail template with my marks emails appearing first and everything most simple. Now with Outlook if I don't see it on my iphone, some of thenew emails that aririves to me doesn't appear in my home page and I have to look for them on "search" and and if it was not enough the "send" botton stopped working a few days ago and they haven't solve it so I cants send emails if is not trhough te awful beta version.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

9. Keep it simple.

Email isn't for emojis & bright colors. Keep it clean and simple. There's too much noise everywhere else in the world.

I use my personal email to communicate with friends and family. I don't need to be entertained and over stimulated by gimmicks. I just want to send a message and easily find the ones I've received.

596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback on the new experience.

I know that a few different topics got merged down into this suggestion, so I wanted to offer some broad guidance on how you might configure the new experience to get it to look more like what you want.

Lets start off with the feedback about not wanting the bright colored circles, emojis, and joyful animations. All of these can be disabled. Click on the gear in the top right hand corner, this will load the quick setting pane. From here first disable the Sender Photos. This removes the colored circles with initials.

Then continue to scroll down and select view all Options. In this options page select Compose and Reply. In this page look for Joyful animations. turning this off will eliminate the…

10. 2,327 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

228 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve now made it possible to block users in non-junk folders.

Select one or more emails and click the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

Note: To block users in the Junk email folder, select the “Not junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”, or right-click on the email and select “Block”.

11. Delete button moves when selecting emails

When selecting an email via the check box, the "Delete" button moves and it's location is then occupied by the "Archive" button.
    The half second delay on this movement means I already have the mouse button over "delete", but as I click it moves and I end up archiving instead.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

13. Ads

I'm tiring of see ads in outllook, im my case on the right side of messages. If they can't be removed I am moving to gmail

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback, and for using Outlook.com.

I just wanted to let you know that we do offer an Ad free experience of Outlook.com to all of our Office 365 subscribers. With the Office 365 subscription you get a wide range of benefits. This includes Skype calling, ability to install the Office client (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc), and finally ad free experience in Outlook.com

Hope this helps

David Los

14. Cannot Empty Other

Cannot empty Other without checking each email individually. What is going on??

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you look to the left of the Focused/Other buttons, there is a gray circle with the check inside. If you click that button, you will select all messages in Other. Then you can use the Delete button in the triage bar (above the Focused/Other buttons) to delete all, or move all, etc.

Hope this helps!

Colin

15. Can not move subfolder to a folder of the same level as inbox/drafts folder

I have one subfolder and I cant move it to the root level (same level as inbox/junk email/draft/sent items)

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this today!

You can drag a subfolder to the top level folders and it will appear there. Alternatively, you can right click on a folder name and select “Move”. This will let you move the folder anywhere.

We will look at updating the text to make it clearer.

Colin

16. Help Function is NON-Functioning

The "?"/help function is not functioning at all. If you put in a word to search nothing happens. Now there is no way (or you buried it so people wont bother you) to email or call for help? Are you just trying to make people leave?!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Beta not good for me

The new version is not good because the many parameters and adjustable options of the old version have disappeared. I need to be able to set more than what is possible in the new version, as rules of messages, aliases, ....

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – First off, I just wanted to thank everyone for responding and providing all of the valuable feedback. More importantly I also want to thank you for using Outlook.com.

I did want to update everyone and let them know that we have re-introduced all of the options that were in the old experience. This took a bit of time, as we wanted to make sure we were designing simplified experiences for everyone.

Please keep the great feedback coming!

David Los

18. add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

402 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why mess around with Calendar?

New calendar can't send email reminders. I use Calendar to send myself email reminders of events. In the new Outlook version you took away the ability to click directly into the email reminder to change the date of the calendar event - which I complained about months ago with no response. Now you have messed it up even more, taking away the option to send myself email reminders of calendar events at all. A pop-up reminder on my lock screen is absolutely useless - I need to receive an email reminder as I have done for years. Why mess around…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why is blocking spam made difficult?

It's almost impossible to manage spam and unwanted mail unless you are willing to spend a good deal of time searching around the programme and asking for help. No support in particular for blocking domain. Why? It should be made easy unless MS benefits from spammers activities?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! You can right click on an email and “Mark as Junk” to mark an item as spam.

If you think an email is a phishing attack, you can open the email and click on the … next to the reply actions in the top right corner. There, you can click “Mark as Phishing”.

Hope this helps!

Colin

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base