OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

I use this service for a little time. And it is very unprotected. Somebody hacked my account and I was blocked. Seems nobody can help me

15 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

• I should be able to block senders and domains from my junk folder.

I should be able to block senders and domains from the junk folder--that's why it exists. Currently, I have to copy, then go to Settings, then paste. At least on a Mac, that doesn't work. I try to copy--it says to send to the clipboard, but when I try to paste, it pastes whatever I previously copied--not the email address. So essentially, I can't block anyone. This needs to be fixed now, as spam has greatly increased lately.

103 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

You can block a user by selecting a message(s) and then:
        - In the junk folder by clicking “Not spam” → “Block” in the top menu bar
        - In any folder by right-clicking → “Block”
        - On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Block sender”

• Search calendar feature needed

We would like to search the calendar for events like we can for emails

265 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow Block Senders to block Top Level Domains

I am pretty sure I will NEVER need to get email from the top level domains .ru or .xyz. These messages are ALWAYS spam. just let us block these top level domains.

1,033 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying the Outlook.com beta! We’re glad to inform that you can now block top-level domains in Outlook.

Go to:
            1) Settings (gear icon in top right)
            2) Click “View full settings”
            3) Click “Junk email”
            4) Scroll to “Blocked domains” section
            5) Type in a domain name you want to block (For example, if I want to block all emails from @blockeddomain.com, enter “blockeddomain.com”
            6) Click “Add”

• I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our m

I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our mail client looking like a giant cartoon. If you include themes, then why not include one that emulates the old client? Duh! I don't need initials when I can read the name, I don't need colors. (have you ever considered how this messes with colorblind people?) And I need the ability to adjust the font size without changing my browser size. I'll give you some time to fix this. I am paying…

38 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good morning, I just wanted to take a minute and thank you personally for providing feedback about the new Outlook.com experience, and even more importantly picking Outlook.com as your email provider.

I did want to let you know that the new features that we have introduced are all able to be disabled if you are not a fan of the circles and colors. I wanted to provide you some steps. Once you have these items disabled it should look very similar to your old experience.

First click on the gear in the top right. This will open up the Quick Settings Pane. From here I would recommend trying to toggle off the following. As you turn them off the screen behind will update so you can see what is changing.

1) Sender Photos (this is the colored circles)
              2) Sort by Date – This removes the date headers (Today, Yesterday,…

• New feedback

The new look of Outlook is childish and garish. Hate the ident things, hate 'today' and 'yesterday' - I am an intelligent adult and can tell when things were sent. I'd change my email if it wasn't such a pain to do. THIS IS DISGUSTING. I am so angry.

12 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

• Hate the bubbles with initials on it. I can see their name and it causes less emails to be displayed, meaning more scrolling for me.

Disable the initial bubbles. Or make them smaller. If you are going to use colours, let the user decide which colours to use. Black for advertising, blue for family, red for friend, etc. It would make it much easier to scroll through and find something you are looking for.

80 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Missing deleted / junk mail

With the latest format, I'm unable to find a way to view deleted messages or messages that were sent to junk mail.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Small message displaying area

The screen is divided into four parts where the message displaying area looks small, it feels congested to me. The round icon colour for the contacts can be darker so it would blend in with the UI. The fonts look good, spam filter is awesome, surfing speed is good, and ads on the right side is not that annoying till now for me.

388 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

208 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experiences with the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working to adjust the experience based on all of your feedback. Since we have introduced some settings, I wanted to make sure you were all aware of them.

When you are signed in, you can click on the gear in the top right hand corner. From here it will load the quick settings pane. This pane will allow you to disable/enable features that will make it feel more like the old experience.

Specifically I want to call out the Reading Pane. The old experience had the reading pane defaulted to OFF. What I would recommend doing is trying to hide it and see if that helps improve your experience.

Hope this helps

David Los

• I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
                        The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

• Beta has changed the format of my outlook email, formerly hotmail. I cannot use it adequately. Please help.

If your users are dissatisfied, it would make sense to change back because BETA is causing headaches. Dissatisfied users will jump ship.

64 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Keyboard shortcuts not working

I'm trying the new open beta. In this preview, the keyboard shortcuts are not working. Even tried with different kb-shortcuts like Outlook.com, Gmail, ... It is set to Outlook (not Outlook.com) by default. The shortcuts were working in the old layout. Please fix ASAP.

488 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

265 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • In the beta version, "Create rule..." from message is not available. Bummer.

When I get an email, in the existing version of outlook web, I can just select the message and "Create rule..."
                            to send that message to a folder or forward it to another email ID

In outlook.com Beta, I do not see that feature.

689 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to say “Create rule” from a message is now in the beta! Same as the regular version, simply right-click on any message and select this option. You can also view your entire list of rules (including those you created in your regular Outlook) by going into Full settings > Mail > Rules.

Currently you can only create a rule to move messages from selected senders to a folder, however, more options are coming soon!

• show from

When writing an email, I'd like the option to always display the FROM line as a default. I use several email addresses and this would let me know which one is in use at any time.

156 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for providing the valuable feedback and for using Outlook.com. We truly do appreciate it!

I did want to let you know that based on your feedback, we have added back the FROM drop down on the compose form when you have multiple email accounts/aliases.

We hope that this helps improve the new Client experience for everyone.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Thanks

David Los

• Missing emails

Now that emails have somehow been prioritised, other emails seem to be missing or extremely hard to find. The previous list of ALL emails in order of when received seems much simpler.

140 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

207 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to personally thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing all of the great feedback.

It seems that there are a couple of issues that got reported on this topic. They are that some people seem to be missing email that they saw previously, or are not seeing new emails that are coming in. And secondly, they want to view their email in one list instead of the Focused Other view.

Both of these should be a simple fix.

To disable Focused Other follow these simple steps

1) Login to your outlook.com mailbox
                                  2) In the top right there is a Gear icon, This is settings click it.
                                  3) This opens up the quick settings view. From here you can disabled Focused Inbox.

Once you have it disabled you will go back to the old view where everything is in a single Inbox view.

• New feedback

I do NOT like the "new look" you have forced us to use for Outlook. It's supposed to be email, not a messaging app. I much prefer the Classic version.

8 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Beta version is good but too slow. I don't like messages organized by month, it's difficult to diferentiate between new, flaged and old msgs

Beta version is good but too slow. I don't like messages organized by month, it's difficult to diferentiate between new, flaged and old msgs

403 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off I would like to thank everyone for providing all of this great feedback. We truly do read every piece of it and discuss how we can incorporate it into outlook.com

I did want to address the feedback about the date separators in the message list. There have been a variety of people wishing that they can disable these.

I am happy to say that we now support this!

To disable them, do these simple steps

1) Click on the Gear in the top right hand corner.
                                      2) Disable the Group messages by Date

Once you have done that it will get rid of all of the date headers.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

David Los

• Account Verification: I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

9 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base