OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. solid background

Since I use the calendar for my shift schedule (which consists of both recurring and one-time appointments that can span both single and multiple days) the multi-day events are more important to me and I need them to have a colored background box. While the old calendar could use a dedicated shift feature, the colored background box for multi-day events was decently useful. Having that replaced with the thin dotted lines makes it really bad for this purpose.

For other people, though, things might be different. Why not give us the option to choose whether we want solid background colors…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

2. Recover Deleted Email Alias

My daughter accidentally deleted my email alias which was a *******@hotmail.com (an email address I've had since before the world wide web). Now I'm told that I can't recover that alias even though it's the main email address for the account because it's a reserved domain. I should be able to recover that email alias since it's already tied to the account. Everything I have is tied to that email alias.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.
    You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.
    We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.
    You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.
    -The Outlook.com Team

3. New feedback

I don't like your new format. Too confusing. The colors are distracting. Used to be easy to see inbox & junk mail.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. Calendar sharing

how can I share my calendar?

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Still not opening PDF attached to emails.

The only way to see them is to download them to OneDrive's email attachment folder (direct download of attachment don't working either).

440 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have emails going directly to my deleted file and some of them are from Microsoft about junk or not junk.

FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS AND IT MAY BE OK. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT TO BE USED IF IT HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT THIS IS WHY I GOT YOUR MESSAGE FOR FEEDBACK IS BECAUSE I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Send missing

The Reply All & Forward email is missing

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

The reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now available on the upper right corner of each email. You can also find reply/reply-all/forward in the command bar near the top of the screen when Conversation view is turned off.

8. Email Reminder Time Frame Too Limited

In the current outlook.com calendar there is an option to remind you of a calendar event at 5-6 different intervals within a hour and day. There is also the option to remind you at 1, 2, 3, days and 1 or 2 weeks. You can set up multiple reminders per calendar entry. For example you can have a reminder for an entry at 30 minutes, 4 hours, 2 days, or 2 weeks before the event. You can use one or all of those reminders.
    Using the beta I created a calendar entry that only gave the option for 5 minutes…

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it easier to make Safe Sender

In older versions of Hotmail, it was very easy to mark a sender in junk to be on the white list. Now it is extremely involved to mark a sender as safe. What little functionality there is for this just does 1 mail not the actual sender. Additionally, the fancy new addons with java script make it more difficult to get the email address of the sender you want to mark as safe making a messy workflow even more cumbersome. Outlook has some best filters of any email service but this functionality has gone from bad to worse over the…

443 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now add senders to your safe sender list by clicking into an email, then click the “…” menu located at the top right of the email, and selecting “Add to Safe senders”.

You can also view and add multiple senders to your Safe senders list at a time by going to Settings → Mail → Junk email → Safe senders and domains → Add.

10. Mailbox full -

My mailbox appears so full I am unable to even delete messages. I can't even seem to send help a message. How do I get my mailbox back to working order?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Switch between accounts

I have 2 Outlook.com accounts, 1 Office365 account, and 1 Gmail account I'd like to access through Outlook.com. Please allow me to switch easily between these accounts. I should be able to log in once, and link all of these together, and then switch between them easily. Currently I need to sign out and sign in to switch.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hotmail account hacked

Hotmail account hacked. I am getting emails from "the developer who hacked your Hotmail account". How can I stop this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. Can't verify!

I can't verify my account. For some reason yesterday it told me I had tried too many times, and try tomorrow. Today it says try tomorrow. Please help.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Can I turn off 'common expression' highlighting?

When ever I type "welcome" (i.e., "he was not welcome in New York City" or "thank you", the webapp highlights it as though I have to do something or have selected something obscure. Whatever it is selling, I am not interested; it is distracting and useless. Please provide a way to turn it off. Thanks.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

332 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thank you for using outlook.com and for providing feedback! We totally understand that some users will love features that others don’t.

We for sure don’t want to force you to use this if you would prefer it to be disabled. In fact, you can disable it right now by following these instructions

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Scroll to the bottom of the Quick Settings Pane and Select Full Settings
    3) Under the Mail settings Select Compose and Reply
    4) Here you will find Joyful animations. You can disable it and save it from there.

Hope this helps!

David Los

16. repeating or recurring events

Not enough flexibility scheduling repeating events. Can't schedule a repeating event every other week. Current Outlook provides excellent flexibility.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. print

It is not possible to print an email. I got 4 white pages out of the printer when I tried to print my Uber invoice. Please take a look at this feature!

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  62 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The layout is not even functional

The layout is not even functional. It's like i have parts of different programs and pages in the same window

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for all of the great feedback. I just wanted to circle back and let you know that we introduced a ton of settings around configuring the layout of the new outlook.com experience.

You can disable a lot of the new options all from the quick settings. For example, you can disable the reading pane, conversation view, sender photos, etc.

Just log into your account, click the gear in the top right, and from the quick settings pane you can do a ton of easy simple config changes.

hope this helps!

19. missing mail

last five months of mail is missing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. New feedback

I have been trying to change my password for years now but everything I come to varification I wait to get code from you but no code comes - back to square 1.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

1 2 9 11 13 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base