OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

I will be traveling next week, and have experienced a hassle when i can't get into my emails , because it detects "suspicious activity" . I thought this is part of the World Wide Web? I did Not ask for this additional "Security" How can i stop this annoyance?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. I liked the old hotmail from the late nineties better.

Hotmail keeps getting more non-user friendly with each update. There's no need for Focused and Other folders. The constant pop-ups to announce new mail is annoying. I've also had mail to inadvertently disappear into the Deleted folder while I'm trying to read it. I used to get emails to announce appointments from the Calendar. Now I just get a temporary pop-up that I often miss. Also, I cannot delete old contacts that I no longer wish to have. Please let me have the version from the late nineties when Hotmail was use-friendly.

560 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

3. calendar colors changed

Why would you change the colors from one version to the next. Keep the colors the same in the new version.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

4. With the new Beta version I am not abl eto download attachments - please help!

With the new Beta version I am not able to download attachments - please help!

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Rename folders

I can't rename the folders like I could before. This is no good!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Hate the page set up. Like the other way better.

Hate the page set up. Like the other way better

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re not enjoying your current experience. You can change your layout view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

You can also further personalize many elements of your view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. View full settings → Mail → Layout

8. Missing recover deleted items in beta

I would like it you put the feature back for recover deleted items. I now have to switch out of Beta twice to undelete a message that I deleted by accident

476 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using the Outlook.com beta! We are happy to announce that the “Recover deleted items” feature has now been added.

To access it, please switch to your “Deleted items” folder, and then click “Recover items deleted from this folder” below the Deleted items folder header.

9. New feedback

Am I wasting my time reporting emails that I suspect are phishing emails? Every single day I report 2-5 emails and they are continually the same type and many are from the same sender. If I am wasting my time....LET ME KNOW so I can stop reporting these emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

10. colors suck

brighter colors on bata now that we are forced onto it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

11. Why did you change my settings? Messages in reverse order

I clicked on your “Try the beta” ad and all my messages are in reverse order… like, the unread emails are now at the bottom of the conversation. I spent some time in that mode because I didn’t see a way to change it back. Eventually I got used to it and it kinda makes sense now I think about it with everything in chronological order from top to bottom. I wish you asked first though. Not cool, Outlook.com.

Disclaimer: I work for Microsoft.

PS: yeah, I found the way to change the mode in the settings panel. i’m staying…

593 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!

I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!
    those that don't use things, create them. There are things on the main email page that I don't want or need and NO way to get rid of them. You are trying to add more and more ways to 'spy' on everything that everyone does. Class Action anyone?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

13. when send a new email and click on "To" the conctacts drop down shows but no contacts are listed

1) When I click on new message and then click on the 'To' a drop down shows up that reads 'my contacts' but when I actually click on the 'contacts' tab I got nothing! No list of contacts no nothing! So unless you have a superb memory and can remember the name of every single person in your contacts list your pretty much sol on the ole short cut of finding them. You have to actually click on the 'people icon' which opens another tab, then scroll through all the names til you find or recognize the one you need.…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow an option to disable Safelinks

The safelinks should be an option. I prefer to hover over the link and determine if it is junk

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. mailbox full?

I've deleted most of emails from 2015-2018 but the system still shows me "delivery has failed to these recipients or groups" because the recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now.

my email accout is xxxxx@hotmail.com

you can reply to me through another email if my hotmail is still can receive emails : xxxx@gmail.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. 399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We really appreciate this usability feedback. The reply/reply-all/forward options are there under a menu in the upper right corner of an email, but we understand they are not discoverable enough for you and we are considering several solutions. We will reply when we have an update.

Update August 17: We are working on making the individual buttons readily available.

Update August 18: We have fixed this. Please don’t stop giving us your feedback on the Outlook.com beta!

17. Please bring back Delete All to Other Inbox

It was easier to "Delete All" messages from "Other Inbox" in previous version. Now, select all has to be checked, delete has to be pressed, pop up asks if we're sure, then we can delete. Too many steps added.

536 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for providing such great feedback. As well as thank you for using outlook.com.

I wanted to let you know that there is indeed an easy way to delete all items from the “Other” inbox. To do this, do the following

1) Click On the Other Inbox icon at the top of the message list.
    2) Click the little circle that is to the left of Focused. This will select all items in Other.
    3) Click Delete at the top or in the reading pane to the right.

Hope this helps!

18. solid background

Since I use the calendar for my shift schedule (which consists of both recurring and one-time appointments that can span both single and multiple days) the multi-day events are more important to me and I need them to have a colored background box. While the old calendar could use a dedicated shift feature, the colored background box for multi-day events was decently useful. Having that replaced with the thin dotted lines makes it really bad for this purpose.

For other people, though, things might be different. Why not give us the option to choose whether we want solid background colors…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. Why is the Outlook Loading Screen Blinding White even for Dark Mode?!

When opening my outlook on the web, I get the blinding white screen before being redirected to my dark mode inbox. What's the point of dark mode if I still get blinded when coming to my inbox?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New feedback

I don't like your new format. Too confusing. The colors are distracting. Used to be easy to see inbox & junk mail.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

1 2 8 10 12 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base