OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. email

signature business card attachment area is needed we could do this in the old email and I can do it on outlook can you add the attachment area to load a business card for our emails thanks in the online outlook

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. End this email separation ****!!!

I need a workaround on MS separation of my emails into two (or more categories). This is dysfunctional for me as a user. I don't want emails separated for unknown and unknowable reasons by your algorithm which seems to change daily. The separated emails cannot be scrolled through, and this takes times I would rather not spend when checking my email.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. finished button for group of emails like inbox by google

A finished button like inbox by google, i would also like to sort by sender and then be able to group it and uncollapse all emails so you just have senders showing, rather than 500 emails where 200 are from one adress, so you can move that group of emails or make rules for them

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. quick forward

add 'forward' to the quick setting in message so I don't have to go to the beginning of the message to forward it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Error in messages sent to me blocking me from updating my password, or finding the current password.

I tried to open two accounts for my parents for them to get their ancestry DNA information. I will be the manager of both accounts, since they are in the 80s. I got my father's done quick and easy, then made a mistake after getting the account set up for my mom as was creating her password. It told me to get the password, I need to know information about the last email I sent on the account. PROBLEM - No emails were ever send from this account, since I was in the middle of creating it. How can I…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Email error message ****

Regarding email error messages (mx ones, couldn't deliver etc) PLEASE STOP SENDING ME THE FULL DEAD-SEA-SCROLLS AD-INFINITUM VERSION OF THE ERROR.... a quick error message will suffice! The best option would be something like "Couldn't deliver to "erik@chips.com" for x reason. Click here for details". Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please fix

I cannot cut/copy/paste in Outlook email (Hotmail).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom Light off

The light off function should work per e-mail domain. The user can then customize which e-mails are dark and which light.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filter Deleted Items by CATEGORY (not a current option), might be similar in other locations too.

Filter Deleted Items by CATEGORY (not a current option), might be similar in other locations too.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bcc

Why oh why doesn't Outlook HELP explain BCC - ie a proper explanation by Microsoft, instead of my having to wade through queries raised by other people - which may or may not have been answered.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VPN and inline images in email

Use of VPN and inserting inline photos. I was having a big headache inserting inline photos into an Outlook email. Images were taking forever to appear, if they did at all. Using the Opera browser with it's VPN service turned on. Turned off the VPN, and images would insert and appear right away.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problems pasting images into Outlook emails

Pasting pictures into an email is a massive time sucking nightmare in Outlook online. Images take *forever* to insert, delete, send. "Please try again later" messages.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The line "to:" get deleted if you switch between emails.

If you tab between 2 emails like one in your folder sended and your open new email and you entered the email adresse where the new email have to go, it will become empty if you tab back to the old email (as example, you wanna copy the content but send to a other person with little changes) and then back to the new, the field "to:" is always empty if you switch between emails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Breaking change to emails sent from gmail

Outlook adding a newline after first word in each paragraph in emails sent from Gmail via copy/paste from google doc. Worked perfectly fine for the last 2 years. Is not a google change as previously sent emails are showing this odd formatting now.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I send an email from one of my accounts it goes to the sent file of the other account. Why? This never happened before.

When I send an email from one of my accounts it goes to the Sent file of the other account. Why? This never happened before....

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Annoying Messages form OUTLOOK

Annoying messages form OUTLOOK
    Why am I getting constant messages ( several hundred a day) that say "Enter your user name and password for the following server: eas.outlook.com? How do I get rid of them?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: shift+down causes error - must refresh page

-navigate to junk mail with multiple messages
    -select first item
    -hold shift+down and select multiple items (but now all), then use delete key
    -hold shift+down again begin to select more

Expected: first item is selected, and more get selected as you hit down
    Actual: page breaks - "Something Went Wrong" error "There was something that went wrong with the application"...

This breaks a normal work flow of reading junk mail titles, deleting, and then selecting more. Work around is to manually (mouse click) select the first item before continuing, this should not be necessary.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Annoying

The vertical scrollbar in the inbox seems sometimes to be intertvined with the mail underneath, symptom: I click a few times under the "blob" in the scrollbar to scroll down, about the third or fourth time my click seems to click the mail residing on that position in the inbox-list, anoying! The clickable mail-link seems to extent to far to the right.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. email help

please have a X by contacts name as you used to so when we don't want to send that contact anymore emails, it wont accidently be put on a new message.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Request: In-line Images Issue

In-line image issue.

To Whom It May Concern:

A few months ago, I noticed that when I view Rockler and Woodworkers Journal messages on my computer I am not able to see some or all of the images and in some cases, no URL link(s). However, viewed on my mobile, the images are inline with the message (readable). I do not have these issues with other messages. Also, if I forward the messages to a Gmail account, the messages have all of the images and data (good).

I've searched on-line and reached out to the sender's for a solution but…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base