OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Want to move a message to a folder more easily

Allow "move to folder" as one of the quick functions when hovering on a message. I can delete, mark as read, pin, etc, but I'd like to quickly move an email to a folder. Also, when presented with the folder list (for moving), any subfolders should be indented for ease of view. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. unflag

I have accidentally flagged all of my e-mails (10,000+ of them) and would love an option to unflag all so that i do not have to do it individually

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. translation error

Translation error into Korean.

When I click the right button with the cursor on Inbox, there comes 6 pop-up menus.

One of them reads "빈폴더" which means "Empty folder" with the meaning of "Empty" as an adjective.

So "빈폴더" actually means Folder that is empty.

You should change "빈폴더" to "폴더비우기" which means dump all the mails in the folder.

Please double check when you translate. It is somewhat disappointed Microsoft simply use a translating machine without checking it with Korean employees!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hotmail Inbox is not in sync.

My laptop has an email icon which I believe exists due to Windows 10. It appears to be auto-tied to my HOTMAIL email account, however it is not updating the INBOX. I have to go to Outlook.live and sign in, to see my current HOTMAIL INBOX. I do not understand why the Windows Mail box is not updating the INBOX.

The Outlook BETA layout has rubbish clutter. I see four columns, two of which, the email preview and the ad, are redundant or extraneous. The old format has three columns, of which the ad is extraneous.

The customer should be…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft has lost its touch!

I can't believe MS spends all the resources into study usability, GUI design, layout, then make updates... and came up with a completely useless layout. I am loading Hotmail on a laptop running at 1920x1200 and can't read any email in either reading pane on the right or the bottom.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. unfinished email sent

Outlook sent an incomplete email before I hd finished composing it, with no action on my behalf.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. expand the list with all recipients

Hello,

with the new Outlook 365, every time I receive an email, addressed to 3-4 people for example of which 2 A and 2 in CC Outlook shows only the nominal 1, while the other 3 the group writing +3.

I would like that when +3 or +10 is written to you, you will automatically receive an e-mail for all the e-mails sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. contact pop up box covers name insertion

when trying to put a name into the contact box a suggest contact box pops up and covers the name box won't click off to put in the name I want

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. stop asking how i want to share this file if the attachment is over 6mb

every time i try and attach anything over 6mb i get an annoying pop up saying
    How do you want to attach this file? underneath is a grey box which says your file is pretty large: 7 MB you can keep your email small by sharing with one drive. underneath is upload to one drive then attach as copy then insert as picture. in my preferences i have already said to attach as copy. this new pop up happens every time i attach anything over 6MB!! this does not happen in classic. i used to get a message if it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create one stagnant ribbon bar across, home, creating, reading, etc.

My issue with the ribbon in outlook is this:

1) I want to create one ribbon and have it used for all interfaces of outlook: Home screen, reading an email, writing an email, etc.

2) When I eliminate a MS function (evernote), keep it off during any updates - see #1 above, I don't want it, I won't use it, and quite putting it and other functions on a ribbon I want to keep stagnant. You can send me an email telling me about some new wizbang feature but do not assume I want it. 99% of the time I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. emails won't remotely from phone

Deleting e-mails on my phone apparently no longer actually deletes e-mails in outlook? It works with other providers. Instead the e-mails are just sat online "unread" but deleted on my phone. No, I don't want to use your app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. urgente

Good afternoon we just need to solve the problem with my account and not let me send messages to other recipients, please is an account where you receive messages from customers to communicate their issues and needs among others, hoping I can help improve this means of communication that did not happen before, please, I need to know what the problem is, so I can not send messages, thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't replace the reply button with the send button without checking for new content in the email

The reply button currently gets replaced by the send button. While this might seem a sensible default primary action in the new context, the awful performance of the service means that it is easy to mis-send a blank email thinking the first click wasn't registered.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Regex in rules

It would be great to be able to set rules with regex in the conditions

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stop creating that annoying preview box every time I paste a link

it's annoying. If I want to put some random preview box in my email I'll do it, don't make annoying decisions for me. Every feature of this new outlook experience is rubbish. Have you seen the trending feedback, everything is negative - for good reason. Seriously considering dumping outlook premium/O365

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hotmail won't load first time

I have to restart my desktop machine TWICE to get Hotmail to load up, otherwise it just sits there stalled, trying to load up.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. folders

You have automatically created hundreds of folders called notes 000000 etc and now I can't mass delete them!! SO Annoying!! You need to have a better way to mass delete mailbox folders. There should be away to select all folders and delete them. Better yet - don't automatically make folders!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. folders

need ability to sort folders

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. formatting icon doesnt work

formatting icon doesn't work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Invert Focused and Other Inboxes

Two separate email boxes seems like a good idea. However, an “Other” inbox seems to defeat the purpose by making you focus more on the least important emails. On the other hand, the “Focused” inbox should have fewer emails from the most important clients. It seems like the bulk of the emails should start in the “Other” inbox and then the user and system selects the most important to move to the Focused inbox. Similar to Apple Mail’s VIP inbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base