OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back the trash button on email subject line

There used to be a trash/delete button available when you hover your cursor over the subject line in the Inbox. This was so convenient and gave us a one-click way to clean out the Inbox. Now we have to click twice no matter how you choose to delete.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hamburger Menu - keep icons visible when collapsed

I want to be able to use mail with the hamburger menu collapsed, but it's impossible as i lose all the inbox icons on the left (inbox, sent items etc). Please can you keep those icons there for quick access. Please see Microsoft To-do (web version) as a good example of this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter to Imported accounts

Aplicar filtros para limpeza automática de contas importadas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No transparency for mail delivery

Incoming mails from an email address I have sent to (and can receive replies from) get silently dropped when incoming as new mail threads. The sending mail server gets a 250 "mail queued for delivery" response so there is no indication that the mail does not get through all the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sweep should be able to change rules within sweep panel, once set should be able to change to another sweep setting

sweep should be able to change rules within sweep panel, once set should be able to change to another sweep setting

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ad size

The Ad messages are too close to the legitimate emails, they should be slightly apart from the rest

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. want my email folders to be sorted aplhabetically also the connected account...

I really want my email folders to be sorted aplhabetically also the connected account folders Or at least let us move them around.
    the way it is now stinks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It should be easier to find one's emails after logging in

When logging in it goes to an Account overview page rather than an email page; there is no obvious link to the mailbox. I had to click through some other screens and I finally found a "more actions" dropdown that had a link to my mailbox. Most people would want to see their emails when logging in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Emojis are overwriting words

When I do a :) and the emojis come up - which in theory are nice - but it deletes the entire prior paragraph! Sometimes I didn't even intentionally click an emoji - it just happens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Frustration with email

The outlook email options to allow you to reply, delete, archive, junk, etc. disappear and I have to restart my computer to regain them. Is there something I can do to prevent this

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. connected account

I am having a problem connecting to the earlier (I also deleted and readded it) multiple connected accounts. Either they show up and do not sync or they do not show up at all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to delete photos

After deleting an email that has a photo attachment, remnants of the photo still appear in the photo library and under files. You cannot see the photo or email, but a placeholder still exists and needs to be deleted. If you click on the photo placeholder and error is presented stating the photo is not found. There needs to be a deleting function in the photo library added and anything cached on the system from a deleted email message removed as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. move the flag status column to the far left

The flag status column should be moveable. I want that to be the first column on the left, not the last column on the right. It makes no sense to have the flag status column on the far right. Flagging an item is for the purpose of making it stand out as special and since we read from left to right, the eye automatically looks on the left side of the screen, not the right.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Problem with email blocking screen.

Outlook saved my email message in my draft folder because I exceeded the limit, but now I cannot get rid of the email message on my screen. It is covering my Inbox. How can I move it? Please fix and advise. kaplanks@hotmail.com

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reading pane is not wide enough

Would you please make the reading area bigger? I have emails that I can't read the whole thing and there is no side scroll to be able to read it all. I have to guess as to what the rest of the sentence. I see that there is a button to make the email smaller but it still isn't small enough, and I'm still guessing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Select all emails of a specific month

What would be nice is if the month separators would also have a radio/checkbox next to them, and when you select it, all mails in that month would be selected. Eg, the radio/checkbox would be next to the previous month name "September", and when you select that radio/checkbox, all emails in the month of September would be selected. This would enable me to easily archive the previous month's (or any month before that) emails in two clicks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. INDENTED BULLET POINTS

I am about to LOSE MY MIND - the Increase Indent button is not working so I cannot properly format my clients' email!!! I hit the button to move a paragraph to the right as a sub-point, and all that happens is that a wider space is inserted between points. I have tried multiple browsers with no improvement in function. I don't have time to waste on sending feedback rather than getting information out to clients.
    Someone please remind me - WHY AM I PAYING FOR THIS PROGRAM? It has been a HUGE headache lately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. malware virus attachments downloading to local host machine

Mail that contains attachments with malware or visus's download to the host computer even those I have settings set to don't down load attachments and I haven't opened them. My virus and malware programs don't flag it until I run a scan and find it has been downloaded.

1st after being on the HM team at one time I ask when did you guys stop scanning attachments, more so from unknown spoof'd email address and ones that end up in the junk mail folder.

2nd these pictures or attachments should never appear or be downloaded to the host machine for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. external accounts not sending nor informing that they're not sending

Fix this bug! For a week I assumed that my emails were being sent when I chose to use an external account. Instead I found out that they were being sent to the drafts folder with an error message on top. Not sending is problematic. Not informing the user of errors is unforgivable. I'm considering switching to gmail because of it. I know their external accounts options work. I contacted Microsoft about it and have been told it is a "known issue" in outlook.com and was told to post here to recommend it be fixed. To be fair, my account…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base